Weight Training For Beginners

Kv!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 24d
On 26/08/2020 at 1:31 PM, Puffwagon said:

Yeah it certainly has more influence on bodyweight than exercise does.

True.

I'm doing intermittent fasting, 18 & 6. Lost around 8 kgs by doing that, cutting out the morning ritual of breakfast with an iced coffee or choc milk. I avoid added sugar where I can and cut out my addiction to chocolate.

I've done 10 PT sessions at my old gym to set up a 3 way split routine, after just 10 sessions I've lot 2 inches around my waist and gained elsewhere.

Diet is 70% of your weight loss strategy.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

Doing well, mate :spoton:

Just an FYI, iced coffee or choc milk, unless they're sugar free, have added sugar in them and will technically break your fast. Black coffee with no sugar or water is basically all you can have to avoid breaking your fast.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 24d

Exactly. So the point of the IF is to get into ketosis. I have my last meal around 6-7pm and then dont eat until after midday. Water or black coffee is about all I have during this period. Have learnt that a small amount of thickened cream in the coffee won't break the fast and helps take the edge of the black coffee.

Took around 4-6 weeks to get into IF, was struggling with headaches every single morning for a while when I started. Now it's just a walk up, not eating until after midday.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

IF is intermittent fasting, not LCHF (low-carbohydrate, high fat) diet which is what you're referencin with regard to ketosis. You're doing both.... the cream in the coffee technically breaks your fast, but it's only a definition of a thing. As long as it's working for you, no worries.

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

So yerp first day of new program and it has squats then dead-lifts and a couple of extras if I can be stuffed. I haven't dead-lifted for a long while and my poor butt muscles didn't know what hit them!!

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

I'm still doing the same old "best I can do" sort of outdoor workout because no gym or equipment :) went well, though, just got back.

No surprises your glutes and hamstrings copped it with both squats and deads haha

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

oh yeah, for sure... hard to do the "experiment" to be absolutely sure, you know... but safe enough in the assumption :) It was not that long ago that I came out of a lockdown and went to the gym... first week was hard, 2nd week was harder to start with then my body got used to it again haha... then a week later and it's all locked down again.