Weight Training For Beginners

Kv!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 26d

Well after about a week on IF, don't think it's for me... Back to what I was originally doing..

Btw, down to 112kg...

• Donating Members

Body didn't feel good/normal when I was doing it.. I workout mornings and I didn't feel I was getting the most out it due to the lack of fuel in the body. I wasn't a hard thing to follow I was doing 16/8

• Member For: 13y 9m 1d

Crossfit is a joke! Teaching people how to cheat exercises for the sake of numbers. Would rather watch someone doing half reps. GL with you injury and arthritis goals.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11d

I'm guessing you haven't done a WOD before?

From my experience its more a fact of the workouts are so challenging and difficult you have to start cheating a bit towards the end simply to complete the workout ( kip. Or slightly shorten a push-up etc) the crossfit instructors I work with are absolute form *beep* even more than the fellas I did my cert 3 in fitness with.

I can tell you personally I've never been, stronger, faster, fitter and more flexible in my life! It's a great feeling. But each to there own I guess :)

• Donating Members

For me.. I choose a weight heavy enough so I fail at around 7-8 reps for each set, I usually only increase the weight when I can do 10-12 reps comfortably... Then it's back to 8 reps with a heavier weight.. I have been told that doms doesn't mean you've had a hard workout. Maybe you could mix up what you are doing a bit, your body may be 'comfortable' in its routine?

• Like 2