Weight Training For Beginners

Kv!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 7d

Haha Stifler, you be right mate. Within 2 weeks strength will be back, and within 4 to 6 95% of your size will be back. This is the time you eat BIG, as your body will be starving for calories, and will get huge quick if you eat like a machine. You might find that you will put extra muscle on aswell.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 3m 20d

I always eat like a machine, its part of the reason I got crook! Have to cut back a bit because my liver is shot!! But yeah I know it wont take me long, going to set a goal of 118kg by the end of the year.

• Like 2

• Member For: 15y 7m 25d

I just cant keep up my food intake to get big like you buggers. I still east a fair bit but only 3-4 solid meals a day.

But in saying that I dont really want to be huge. At 5'10 if I was 85 kgs with 10% body fat I would be thrilled! and look the business too.. I guess that's my goal going forward or what I have been working on since around April.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 8d

Im down to 121kgs.. Think I was around 130-135 before I started to take it seriously.. Aiming to loose another 20kg's whilst still weight training. Currently loosing around 1.5kg a week.

• Donating Members

My cousin was telling me whenever he does bicep curls his forearms hurt, now its to the point where he has to skip biceps altogether. Anyone know whats causing it/ how to fix it? Any tips?

So the mrs said I had Traction apophysitis of the supinator on the radial head. And in english, its basically a tendonitis (possible tear) due to overuse and/or using too heavy weights as Freeze said.

Here's some info;

http://www.livestrong.com/article/545781-forearm-tendonitis-and-barbell-curls/

• Member For: 15y 7m 25d

I agree with this 100%... The average age at my gym is topping 60 some days and seeing these crazy old bastards lifting heavy weight scares the sh*t out of me lol and you know they aren't eating right or taking any protein as the are as flat as a pancake with very serious beer bellys.

It's hard to know when you're going to heavy though as sometimes if youre not getting a good pump you think its too light. I found that I would always drop weight when I could feel my form getting sloppy.

• Donating Members

100% Pazzo, you will gain a lot more if you concentrate on the movement and squeeze instead of going for world records. But saying that, you don't have to train this way day in day out. Mix it up!!

I dont agree with Wingnut though, when saying its hard to know when you're going to heavy. If your bringing in muscles that shouldn't be in the movement into it its too heavy, if you're struggling with correct form after few reps its too heavy, if you're not using correct form its too heavy. But its hard because most guys don't know what correct form is.

• Like 1