Weight Training For Beginners

Kv!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 6d

If you were hitting the gym and didn't get any size you were probably doing something wrong. How hard were you training?

Was lifting the heaviest possible. 10x3. Or 6x5

Wasn't really getting bigger just more toned. I have around 5% body fat and cannot put any more on.

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 7m 27d

With Dillz there mate..

My problem at the time was my diet perfectly matched my gym workout but didn't take into account that I was working in a very physically demanding job.. I was able to tone muscles but not build any. Once I changed jobs I kept up the exercise and ended up at 94kg.. Which I think is a much better height for someone who's 195cm tall..

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 9d
You're a skinny fat person. I'm a lot like you. You can still be unhealthy without being over weight.

Well yeah, having Macca's for Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner while doing Schools Spectacular was not at all healthy. I was the envy of every other student though as I put on 250g compared to everyone elses kg or more.

I am really skinny and really tall. My Jeans are 32/39 (I.e. custom made cause no-one makes them that tall for that waist size, lol).

This is me.... I used to eat everything in sight and hit the gym everyday. I just get stronger and not bigger. Was so frustrating. I am 6'3 and have stayed on 74kg for as long as I remember. I don't eat junk any more either. Red meat, chicken and veg everyday. lots of fruit for energy. Pub or restaurant once, sometimes twice a week. Hopefully this madness will stop.

I think, like me, you're just genetically pre-disposed to not altering your physical make-up.

• I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 5m 3d

Go get a hard labouring job. Something like mixing mortar for a plastering team. I went to kick a plastering labourer off the job once and backed down a little when I saw the size of his muscles. He wasn't big but ripped.

I used to pick bananas, cut and hump myself if anyone knows it, I was 175cm and 52kg - we had some paddocks where the bunches would be 70kg tops and the biggest I took was 84kg. I could easily pick up and throw mates that were 120kg when we mucked around on the piss.

Now I'm 10kg heavier, half as strong and wouldn't last half a day in the paddock.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 24d

I think you fellas eating the protein get cravings and get angry because you haven't smelt your rank fcking farts in like 2hrs... lol

Definately dont miss that part of it!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 5m 16d

MX dave , yes the reason I gave it up and walked away was because if I hadn't I would be dead buy now . I also have some pretty horrible stores I could tell of what I did and what I was also involved in ( but maybe next time ) .

Everything I have read that all you guys have talked about has been great advice for anyone thinking of starting up a weight training program .

Allot of clever heads out there and even more importantly a very good common sense approach to what you are all trying to achieve . A big pat on the back to all of you.

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8d

\ Or just do this Growth hormone,insulin,clenbuterol. Fark spending hour after hour and losing 1/2 maybe 1kg a week.

Clenbuterol = shaking like you have epilipsy all day.