Weight Training For Beginners

Kv!

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 17d

130kgs is okay if it's muscle, bone and dick.. I'm 6'4" and used to be stuck on 72kg no matter how much exercise. Then got a government job..

• Banned
  • Member For: 13y 4m 26d

Key to looking good is not weight/cms/max lifts etc - its about being "ripped" IMO. I reckon the pursuit of lifting big weights is wasted effort - cardio and eating heathly (with weights) is what gives the best and ideal shape. (gorillas in the gym impress no one...ha ha)

L Plate - I also lost friends when I was young as I was way too much into it (not even half as much as you, and I'm sure you could break me in half....ha ha) - reckon that's brilliant advice for the OP, just enjoy it and then its a two fold benefit.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 26d

www.scoobysworkshop.com. Learnt alot from this bloke and it's free, funny *beep* aswell. Actually 1 of very few men who knows what he is talking about. Answers emails real quick when asking for advice,has diets,training programs for beginners to elite and a heap of videos.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 2m 1d

Thanks for info/ tips guys, appreciate it !

So basically I need to lift as much as I can, but how many reps? Focus on 2 muscle groups per workout...Gatorade plus protein shake after workout...how long should a work out last?

And if I think it's taking too long...get on the juice hahaha

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 26d

45mins to a 1hr, reps depends, I try to hit failure at around 8to10 reps. That rep range works for me, but everyone is different. That is something you have to workout your self really, some grow with low reps, some grow with high reps. Just try a few things until you find it works.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 27d

I would suggest counting calories. What do you do for a living? I can give you a rough guide on how much you should be consuming. I would also suggest per and post workout protein or energy shakes. Because your already exercising the best way to increase results would be to change your diet and perhaps get a good mate to help you work out good and proper!. Don't look in the mirror and read the scales everyday. Once a week is normally best for your mindset. If you were really really keen I could scribble out a cycling calorie diet to help your metabolism along.

What kind of cardio are you doing mate?

ATM I'm working casually as a chef.. Diet I have changed, but I reckon I should do more.. What I eat is, breakfast I have cereal (weetbix), lunch usually a piece of meat and steamed veg, afternoon snack is very random and usually something not so good for ya, dinner is a piece of meat and veg again..after dinner maybe a yoghurt, fruit or something... I have cut bread, rice, pasta etc.. out but would rarely have some. Working these gay hours I do its hard to get a mate to work out with, when I had my cousin working out with me (I worked normal hours) we went hard and pushed each other, when he cbf id make him workout and same if I cbf, imo the best way to work out.. I don't really get on the scales, I would rather see myself loosing weight then jump on the scales and record every gram that I've lost... A suit and a few pants/tops fit again lol... For cardio, I mix it up with exercise bike, walking, running and skipping (getting pretty good at skipping I might add) About 30-60min a day of cardio depending and 30-45min weights. total from 1-1.5 hrs workout time.

I'd like to take a look at that cycling calorie diet if you wouldn't mind..

Cheers Mike.

• Member For: 15y 2m 16d

This should put 1 to 1.5kg a month with proper training.

Meal 1- 6 boiled eggs,1 1/2 cups of oatmeal in water,protien shake.

Meal 2-300g chicken breast[ boiled ] 150g broccoli,150g brown rice

Meal 3- 200g tuna chunks in oil mixed with spinach and 200g of whole meal pasta.

Meal 4- stirfry beef or kangaroo mince mixed with vegies

Meal 5-Beef or kangaroo steak and a bowl of steamed vegies

Meal6-4 scrambeld eggs and 200g of salmon.

meal 7-1 cup cottage cheese with cinnamon 10 mins before bed.

After training have protien shake with water and no grog or party drugs. Stick with it and will guaranteed to put 12 to 15kg on in a year.

Sounds mighty good to me!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 12d

ATM I'm working casually as a chef.. Diet I have changed, but I reckon I should do more.. What I eat is, breakfast I have cereal (weetbix), lunch usually a piece of meat and steamed veg, afternoon snack is very random and usually something not so good for ya, dinner is a piece of meat and veg again..after dinner maybe a yoghurt, fruit or something... I have cut bread, rice, pasta etc.. out but would rarely have some. Working these gay hours I do its hard to get a mate to work out with, when I had my cousin working out with me (I worked normal hours) we went hard and pushed each other, when he cbf id make him workout and same if I cbf, imo the best way to work out.. I don't really get on the scales, I would rather see myself loosing weight then jump on the scales and record every gram that I've lost... A suit and a few pants/tops fit again lol... For cardio, I mix it up with exercise bike, walking, running and skipping (getting pretty good at skipping I might add) About 30-60min a day of cardio depending and 30-45min weights. total from 1-1.5 hrs workout time.

I'd like to take a look at that cycling calorie diet if you wouldn't mind..

Cheers Mike.

For the safest quickest results try this

Aim for 150-200 grams of protein and I would switch the weetbix in the morning to a 4 or 5 egg white omelette with Half a tin of bakes beans on tip. Change your coffees to black with a sweetener. I can recommend using my fitness pal to count your calories. If you h e a iPhone you can simply scan the barcode, if not its free over te net. If that plan leves you really really mal nourished add 100odd calories to each day. Try to get the high days coinciding with your weight workouts and the low days with your cardio. I normally don't count the intake of protein after the workout as you just make it hard for yourself, best of luck mate!