Bf F6 Typhoon, Broken Tailshaft...

Peter J

• Member For: 14y 9m 6d

Hi guys, I have an "08" BF F6 Typhoon the other day the front part of the tailshaft decided to peel its self apart and snap clean OFF.

Luckly I was only doing 30-40 kph, very little damage to the tunnel and exhaust.

After getting the car home and removing it, I found that it had a crack in it and was probably there for a while as the inside of the shaft had rusted from WATER..also I could see clear evidence of where the crack started.. (See Photos)

Car just out of warranty, Ford didn't come to the party so $1520.00 later for a new unit trade price from ford, fitted myself..

Nice Xmas present...NOT..

Anyone else had this problem?

Cheers Peter

post-36516-0-90788200-1323410812_thumb.j

post-36516-0-01793500-1323410821_thumb.j

post-36516-0-59862900-1323410830_thumb.j

Edited by Peter J

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 18d

HypnoDoc in WA had this happen to his business partner's car, completely stock car and did the same thing - I can't believe its not being covered by Ford...

Have a look around for his thread...

Edit: Found it http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/77551-photos-of-snapped-driveshaft/

Edited by senna_T

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m

Makes me want to have mine inspected...

• Member For: 13y 3m 7d

That sucks that ford won't come to the party. I think I would look at getting a professional report done on it and taking it to court. I would show ford the report first and tell them of my intention.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 7m 28d

Ford dealers are very inconsistent. oakleigh ford are good though. when I bought the territory 2nd hand with 60k on the clock, I took it to them to check out the front ball joints(everyone has probably heard of the design flaw with these). They replaced both for free, which is usually a 1k job because the car got serviced at another ford dealer however one that had nothing to do with new oak ford...good result...

now I have to change the all rear diff bush...oh well, win some lose some

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 15d
Ford dealers are very inconsistent. oakleigh ford are good though. when I bought the territory 2nd hand with 60k on the clock, I took it to them to check out the front ball joints(everyone has probably heard of the design flaw with these). They replaced both for free, which is usually a 1k job because the car got serviced at another ford dealer however one that had nothing to do with new oak ford...good result...

now I have to change the all rear diff bush...oh well, win some lose some

Wasn't there a recall on the territory ball joints though??

• Donating Members

nope, wasnt a recall, it was 'if you have issues bring it in and we will sort it'...no official letters to owners or similar

however to Fords credit they acknowledged there was a design issue and dealt with it properly

Edited by JGP

• Donating Members

maybe.. I remember searching google and seeing lots of upset territory owners forking out for the fix...

also I bought the car of my mate who got it brand new from dealer...he never got a letter

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 25d

peter been there done that hardy spicer do a unit for 1200-1300 bucks with a 1000hp warranty keep it in mind next time it goes boom