Alarm And Steering Control Issues

FOONIN

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 11m 20d

Hi guys

Got two problems with my BF F6 that someone maybe able to help with

1st problem:

Recently had my car alarm replaced due to the last one melfunctioning etc it would randomly go off all the time when armed and also when not armed.

So I had it replaced and now when I arm after a short period of time it goes off which is a big pain in my butt after spending $$ on new alarm....It seems the only way to lock my car is with the key which doesnt use the alarm.

I took it back to auto sparky and they thought at a guess it could possibly be the door sensors, apparently moisture can get into them and trip it. So they put some sort of grease/silicone in it thinking it may fix it...nope alarm still goes off....

Has anybody had this sort of problem?????

2nd problem:

After I got my car back from the auto sparky (when he installed alarm) I noticed the volume controls on the steering wheel didnt work. So I took the car back today and they tested the switches on the backside of the steering wheel (one plug for horn, volume and cruise control) all plugs etc seem to work, however no volume when all plugged in.

They did say they had to unplug all the connections under the ICC unit when installing alarm so I am thinking of checking those plugs and seeing if theres anything wrong, but has anybody had this sort of problem????

I dont really want to send my car back if I can fix it myself :)

• Member For: 15y 6m 10d

Hi. Two questions back at you------ Do you know what brand of alarm it is? and how long after setting alarm or more to the point how long after turning off the ignition does it go off? Some "upgrade" alarms (vision and antitheft) require the icc to be removed and if they didnt reset the connector on the back they may have bent a pin in the plug. The other problem may be due to the powersave feature where the car shuts down the power to the interior lights and boot light after 20 minutes and some alarms will see this as a door open or boot open trigger if the alarm is not wired the right way. Cheers MD

• Donating Members

Its a cyclops alarm (add on to factory) and its usually between 15min to a couple of hours before it goes off. Depending on air cirrculation. 15min if garage door closed while engine still hot.

The ICC was removed when they installed it and from the looks of it they have tapped into 3 wires. Im thinking you might be right about the bent pin. I am sending it back on thursday so hopefully will see. But I beleive all problems are in behind the dash, I dont think its in the door sensors etc

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 5m 15d

Install a diode into the boot light that will fix the alarm problem. It's common for the diode in the light to fail.

I'd say the ICC wasn't re seated correctly.

• Donating Members

Righty I got most of it fixed, volume controls stopped working due to ICC unit having a bent pin on rear connector (strange the icc hasnt been out for ages and it suddenly stops working) but that works now.

oo interesting, the sparky who use to work for a Ford dealer in Sydney did say that he thought it was something to do with the lighting circuit but didnt tell me what....ill get them to look into it

thanks guys :D

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 5m 15d

or change the boot lighy to a LED type (light emmiting Diode)

didnt you say the workshop had the ICC out to fit the new alarm ?

Edited by quadie

• Donating Members

they said they "left it in" which I dont beleive, they would have had to pull it out so they could tap into the wires underneath...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Donating Members

just an update

found problem of false alarming - it somehow keeps tripping when the alarm when the battery saver mode starts (15min after ignition turned off)

still trying to find where its tripping from though :D autosparky is pulling his hair out trying to find the problem

• Donating Members

Id still upgrade if I was you , it never happened on my old xr6t BA Ill post an update next monday as its going back then

Ive always been told that the security systems in falcons are really good, never heard of one being stolen. The upgrade alarms are basically just a slight upgrade but mostly a siren

Edited by FOONIN