Dash Fault

andyxr6t

• Member For: 14y 3m 26d

Hey all

Over the past few weeks I have had some strange problems with my dash.

What happens first is the traction control light comes on without any reason, followed sometimes by both my tacho and spedo drpping to 0 for a shot period of time. Usually within a kilometer or two of driving they kick back in and work normally.

However over the last few days I have had this problem followed by all my warning lights all switching on (ABS, engine, etc) fuel and water temps zero out. The car seems to continue to function fine however to fix this I have to pull over switch off the car and restart.

I have had this problem when I first bought the car two years ago (when it was stock) and it didn't do it again so I didn't think anything of it, however I am a bit more concerned now it seems to be happening again and more regularly.

On 2 separate occasions over the last few days I have also had my fuel indicator 0 out suddenly triggering a low fuel warning when I have a full tank with no leaks. This slowly rises again after a minute or two.

I am thinking my first problem could be related to a dodgy dash cluster as if my computer was on its way out actual engine management would suffer not just the dash? Could my fuel light problem also be linked or is that more likely to be the sender unit or sensor?

Would an auto electrician be able to diagnose a dash fault? Unfortunately it happens randomly so it would be hard for me to show someone to diagnose.

Thanks

Andrew.

Edited by andyxr6t