E85

• Member For: 21y 1m 12d

Hey xr6t_ute

Forgot to mention that even thoe its a Ba it has a been converted to a zf 6 speed auto with 3.7 diff gears so the 6 speed definatly helps with fuel consumption even thoe the diff gears are changed to reduce lagg on the 51r and the rpm sits slightly higher when cruising around . When the car was running 100 ron with a 4 speed it was less fuel efficient than now even thoe it had 200rwkw less.The cost involved in running a car with this much power is irelevent just some info with specks and fuel consumption for other readers wanting the perfect car to go cruising with friends have the option to take the family and enjoy the car without stoping for fuel every hour that is why I could never run a 2 speed glide in a car like this because the for me the positives outway the negatives between the two trans for what I intend in doing with the car. Cheers.

• You've changed man....
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 1d

The United near my place is selling e85 again. I thought it was over $2 a litre ?

The guy told me its 10c cheaper than 95.

Also is it true that united change it from summer to winter requiring you to run 2 different tunes?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 3d

Summer mix is e85, winter mix is e75, I personally would run it up on a dyno to check the differences in the tune and make your assumptions wether to run 2 tunes or not

• Donating Members

Hey xr6t_ute

Forgot to mention that even thoe its a Ba it has a been converted to a zf 6 speed auto with 3.7 diff gears so the 6 speed definatly helps with fuel consumption even thoe the diff gears are changed to reduce lagg on the 51r and the rpm sits slightly higher when cruising around . When the car was running 100 ron with a 4 speed it was less fuel efficient than now even thoe it had 200rwkw less.The cost involved in running a car with this much power is irelevent just some info with specks and fuel consumption for other readers wanting the perfect car to go cruising with friends have the option to take the family and enjoy the car without stoping for fuel every hour that is why I could never run a 2 speed glide in a car like this because the for me the positives outway the negatives between the two trans for what I intend in doing with the car. Cheers.

I'm right behind you on that one, I can't justify a two speed if u can have the best of both worlds, looks like Simon has done a real good job with your goals.

• You've changed man....
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 1d

Which united Ben, Thompson Rd?

Yer carrum/patterson lakes.

I drive past it twice a day.

Has me pondering. Didnt really consider it till Henz said when we drove past.

I also heard Caltex doesnt alter the mix summer/winter

Edited by STAINLESS

• Member For: 20y 11m 27d

You have not mentioned what cars/engines these were. Most importantly was it a late model Ford 6cyl???

As I said before The Valve stem seals were eaten away, Valve guides were worn... In Short terms, Our company vehicles were showing wear at 50000 klm, of what you should see at 250000 klm. Now as doing some research I do know certain engines are certified for this High Ethanol Percentile Fuel mix. And Some are still yet to make the required upgrades to there engines. Im pretty sure its nothing more than when we used to all run on Leaded fuel, Converting to an Unleaded fuel we all needed an additive of some sort.

• Resident idiot.
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 8d

Hallam united is selling e85 now, I was talking to a guy tonight who has a pretty much stock F6 (injectors and fuel pump) he's got 340 with e85.

Now that it's getting easier to find I'm keen to try it. Even make a power tune for e85 and an everyday less power/strain tune.

• Like 2

• Donating Members

Yer carrum/patterson lakes.

I drive past it twice a day.

Has me pondering. Didnt really consider it till Henz said when we drove past.

I also heard Caltex doesnt alter the mix summer/winter

Its 1.34 a ltr if anyone's curious about the price