E85

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 8d

Just a heads up fellas, Not to burst a bubble or anything. Im just making sure everyone knows before they go the E85 way. Our company run a fleet of Vehicles and we Chose to run the ethanol mixed fuel in them all to save the dollar. they are around the 50000 klm mark on the odometer and are having stem seal problems along with other Head related issues, that was diagnosed to be from the Ethanol fuel.

Ethanol may be great but it is a bi product and what comes cheep most usually is not the best thing in the long run as Facts told us. I just hope that this can help those that wish to keep there engine for the Long haul.

Can you not just add an additive to the fuel to help with lubrication?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 10m 12d

Has anyone got an E85 tune on a bone stock or close to (K&N etc) FG Falcon yet??

Would love to hear the before and after results....

• Member For: 21y 1m 12d

Mine is tuned on United pump E85 makes 546rwkw on 23psi Nizpro tuned . I must say that the fuel consumption with the power its running is impresive drove it to Gipsland from Chelsea got 400 km to a tank. The best part $1.12 a liter. 850 hp drive around like its bone stock not many cars can do that.

• Like 1

• I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 5m 2d

sounds like that additive is actually made from ethanol when you read what it does.

• Flat out like a lizard drinkin !
  • Member For: 14y 2m 9d

As I said before The Valve stem seals were eaten away, Valve guides were worn... In Short terms, Our company vehicles were showing wear at 50000 klm, of what you should see at 250000 klm. Now as doing some research I do know certain engines are certified for this High Ethanol Percentile Fuel mix. And Some are still yet to make the required upgrades to there engines. Im pretty sure its nothing more than when we used to all run on Leaded fuel, Converting to an Unleaded fuel we all needed an additive of some sort.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 3d

Mine is tuned on United pump E85 makes 546rwkw on 23psi Nizpro tuned . I must say that the fuel consumption with the power its running is impresive drove it to Gipsland from Chelsea got 400 km to a tank. The best part $1.12 a liter. 850 hp drive around like its bone stock not many cars can do that.

That's mighty impressive mileage.