Your Gs Mods

Ewaaaah

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 6m 22d

Would it be possible to have a 420rwkw GT/GS tuned in a way that its just a rocket off the line? Always going to have wheel spin with that much power... but can a good tuner limit it?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • Member For: 13y 2m 11d

Hey lads I'm toying with the idea of a few more gentle mods to bring the girl upto 400rwkw!! any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and I will be moving to brissie area. From what I have been told injectors, exhaust and retune will return those numbers. What is the fuel like after injectors as I was told once u replace injectors, u can't retune the veh to standard tune for services etc because of how the ecu is mapped in the tune. The stats of my car if u haven't read the start of the thread is tuned on 95 in Townsville ( hot and humid climate ) and is making 352rwk

• Member For: 20y 7m 23d

There will be a number of differing opinions of what you should do next but I would suggest an intercooler to cope with your hot climate, some injectors and a smaller blower pulley. You should be able to make 400 with the standard exhaust and cats, you'll just have to run slightly higher boost for the same result. Fuel pump should be fine until about 420.

How far do you want to go with your car? If you're aiming for more again then you need to consider what the best pulley upgrade is to save you wasting money. Either the replacement Yella Terra blower snout or the bigger engine pulley and smaller blower pulley Herrod supplies if you going to be looking for more later

With the bigger injectors fitted you wont be able to flash back to your stock tune as the scaling for the injectors will be all wrong and the car will over fuel badly.

Benny.

Edited by Benny
  • Like 1

• Member For: 13y 2m 11d

Thanks for the advice benny, I will be moving to brisbane so it will be alot less humid!!! so I will troll this forum to see who I can trust in brisbane to tune my beast....

Well to be quite honest with ya I just want to get it over 400 and I will be happy, just didnt know where to start. Looking at the police GT 400rwkw, it only has exhaust and pully change , so im thinking if they did that and that's the only difference it might be a viable option!! unless better guidance with lower but safer coin can be given!!

If I was in Brisbane I'd be going and seeing Elite Automotive as they've modified a number of the Miami's and got a great result in the recent Motor Magazine Hot Tuner Challenge.

As for the Police GT I wasn't of the impression that it was making 400rwkw. I was thinking more like 400 engine kw's from reading the media reports. I can't imagine them pushing their car that hard to make 400rwkw. I could be wrong though.

http://www.news.com.au/national/limited-edition-falcon-gt-fastest-car-ever-for-ford-australia/story-fndo4eg9-1226522171678

Benny.

• Like 1

All the mods to my car are listed below in my signature. I'm looking to get on the dyno for some tuning in the next 2 weeks, xmas, new year have slowed things a little. Like you I'm aiming for anything over 400rwkw really.

Benny.

• Like 1