Your Gs Mods

Ewaaaah

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 16d

Who are you getting to tune your car Ewaaaah? I hope it is Dave Sheehy as he is the best in the north period... Dave has done a few V8's including his sons FG XR8 Ute that has the Bluepower Kenne Bell blower setup on it that he tunes including twin Varex mufflers that he says are good when highway cruising to quieten the exhaust down substantially. He has tuned a few of the Bluepower setups in Townsville and Mackay as well as lent his knowledge to me back when I owned a Supercharged BA XR8 Ute, miss the beast :cry:

If you aren't going to Dave then you may want to reconsider! And I might come out Sat for a look see as I'm keen to run my F6X that I just bought and also my XR6T that I now need to sell... (If anyone is interested) :spoton:

Cheers,

Brett

• Member For: 13y 3m 2d

Wayno the tune is around 1000 bucks roughly, well I hope that a tuned GS should smash a std xr6t ute!!!

brett I havnt really got much time to travel to Mackay for this tune, but Aitkenvale Auto are doing this one for me

and I have been told that they are one of the better ones here in Townsville. But really if a tunes no good how hard is it to

re-tune?!! plus more work down the track he maybe an option. By the way the drag way day has now changed to sunday,

only for this weekend so ill be rippin it down!! cant wait to get amongst it.......... and brett if ya down there come over and say hi!!

:B):

• Donating Members

Will come over and say gday no worries mate.

There's nothing wrong with Aitkenvale Auto, The couple of times I have spoken with Ian he sounds like a nice bloke. My good friend ray076 gets his FG XR6T serviced there now and also has had some gauges and water/meth kit installed with little problems, Ray's tuner is David Sheehy which Ian has no problems with and I dont see why he would! Marc17 (Army) who previously lived here had his BF 6sp Auto XR6T tuned by Aitkenvale Auto and had nothing but good things to say, he wanted to run an 11sec on ET Streets and did so pretty easy with 350odd KW's.

Anyway, hopefully I'll see you Sunday then

• Like 1

Ok so as I said I would update u guys once I got the tune!!!! Now don't get me wrong I'm extremely happy with this tune but I thought it would squeeze a little more out of it..... Considering it is a lot more humid up here in the tropics and apparently not using bp ultimate 98 octane makes a difference to the tune, I used premium vortex 95 octane. The overall out comes as 352.1 rwkw with 655 nm torque, for more info see attached Dyno sheet.

post-44375-132999485141_thumb.jpg

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 6m 13d

that's an awesome result mate for 95 and your humidity up there :-)

Go out and enjoy it mate :-)

Edited by Howsee

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so as an update, I had my first time at the drags and have to say I need a lot more practice lol!

My launch's were rubbish but reaction got down to .790, 60ft 1.899 and best best run from 10 that night was 12.74. Tyre pressure was high at 40 psi on standard dunlops and the tyre temp was up at 65-70 deg cel. Ill upload a link for a vid sneak peek!, take it easy on me lol!!!

Sent from my iPad using my right hand HD

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 3d

that's a pretty good 60' time mate. semis and some practice should get you an 11 or close.

• Skid Machine
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 10m 27d

Not too bad mate. Even if you dropped the tyre pressure down to 20psi you'd drop a bit of time down the 1/4. Good tryes and practice will help too. An 11 or low 12 is in reach with those.

• Donating Members

Ok so as an update, I had my first time at the drags and have to say I need a lot more practice lol!

My launch's were rubbish but reaction got down to .790, 60ft 1.899 and best best run from 10 that night was 12.74. Tyre pressure was high at 40 psi on standard dunlops and the tyre temp was up at 65-70 deg cel. Ill upload a link for a vid sneak peek!, take it easy on me lol!!!

Good 60ft for Townsville's ice skating/pot hole central!

Did you go out on the weekend as the other weekend you were going it was pissing down so I gave it a miss?

I think a few of the fellas are going out this weekend coming (17th) if your keen but will let you know if they def are or not. I think ray076 is finally taking his fg and I'd like to take my f6x for a run if the wife approves!

I've got the Android Torque program and obd dongle if you want to see what temps the car is running when you drag it (transmission if auto and intake temps to see what the SC does), otherwise you can use the xcal to log data but I haven't had any luck using it before.

If the weekend is like todays temp minus the rain it will be great!

Thanks for the support and guidance guys!!! unfortunately I wont be hitting the track any time soon, as the scrutineer told me I couldn't take my car down

as it was too fast (not time but MPH) and required a 4 point harness. So this being the appropriate thread, my next mod is to find a good 4 point harness

(2 1/2 in - 3 in wide) and without ripping the car apart. A bit devo seeing it was my first time and I cant take it back in a hurry lol! anyway as promised below is a link to a run and there are more in the channel.