Your Gs Mods

Ewaaaah

• Member For: 13y 3m 2d

Hey guys!! I just thought I would start my first little thread for our GS Brethren out there for general updates, what fits what doesn't, hints and tips comparison of mods dramas and so forth. (I hope this is in the right section!) :unsure:

So I will lead the way!! I picked up my GS last Friday as I traded my fg XR6T 50th anniversary, after just one drive in this machine I was hooked and I loved it. The car is standard and still under 3000km and after some direction I now have a K&N filter on the way up from Herrod Motorsport, and still have the SCT X3 ready to go from my last machine. I have been told to let the engine run in before the I take her in for the tune, but I dont know how reliable that info is?!

I have also replaced the original wheels with some VCD 20's on low profile which I think suits this car better than the last one!! I am yet to take her down the strip, as I would like to see an exhaust, tune and intake to then shake it up! On the exhaust, has anyone seen those ones with the remote to silence the noise and open it up for performance and are they any good? any way here are some pics of my machine.

:funnydance:post-44375-0-49588300-1321441856_thumb.jpost-44375-0-71647200-1321441878_thumb.jpost-44375-0-65445000-1321441897_thumb.jpost-44375-0-03834600-1321441912_thumb.jpost-44375-0-54681100-1321441932_thumb.jpost-44375-0-60862500-1321441949_thumb.jpost-44375-0-86835700-1321441969_thumb.j

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 25d

The Miami sedans are already fitted with the dual mode exhausts mate, so they're quiet at low revs and then they open up as you give it the beans. Have a look over on ford forums for some discussion on guys disconnecting the vac lines to the system to leave them on full noise all the time. If you really wanted the remote function I'd look into a cheap way to isolate the vac line that is already in place.

Just an update to this thread, I have now installed my K&N and it is looking smick as. When I changed the filter I did a DIY tutorial,

and tried to post it but for some reason the site wont let me put it up! anyway, a tune and exhaust to go!!

post-44375-0-45069700-1321680075_thumb.j

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 6m 14d

I've had my GS since June, love it to bits :-)

Just got the K&N, custom tune and disconnected the bimodal system at this point, will eventually look into intercooling and exhaust upgrade, got new tyres for the rear last month as the tune well and truly killed the dunlops, and am looking into brake upgrades currently.

Also mine is black with gold stripes :-)

Where you located mate?

• Like 1

• A much better forum
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 28d

Nice car...

Needs to be 2 inches lower to the deck to get rid of the 4wd spec!

Thanks guys!! and I totally agree on suspension worm, she does look high. Im up in townsville Howsee, which im not sure if the heat kills the performance up here, but im guessing that it would. Just pricing up a set of brembos atm should be interesting to see how much they are!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Ok so after getting through the christmas period and spending all my cash on presents and piss! The GS is going in this thursday for a tune!!!! im very excited and I will post the dyno slip on here once completed. Futhermore this Sat will be its first time down the 1/4 mile so im keen to see what it will pull with the tune. A work mate just bought a xr6t ute mk2 with no mods saying he will thrash me!! anyway I will also be replacing the tyres after the drags and installing a tyre pressure monitoring system for the Z fest cruise at dubbo that im driving down to as a ring in lol !! anyway ill keep u guys posted.