Zf 6 Speed Tune

Sydneyxr6t

• Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 10m 18d

That same place has been selling parts that are used for the cost of new items too, no wonder that have been for sale for ever

Like the old haggard PWR cooler they are listing that costs more than a new improved one LOL

lol, yes I've seen that as well.

• Member For: 18y 10m 17d

IMHO the ZF tune is being way over hyped and clearly some tuners are capitalising on this. For the money you pay, in most cases $500+, I can't say it's the best value for money. Don't get me wrong, the firmer shifts are great but definitely not worth the issues that the new X3 firmware updates have caused with flashing (error 1034, several flash attempts etc).

My tuner told me "Just don't change the tune"; yeah awesome, I now have an $800 paper weight all because SCT's R&D is substandard, not to mention the now defunct X2. SCT has questionable consumer ethics.

• Like 1

• Member For: 20y 1m 16d

If I were a tuner I'd rather pocket an extra $200 on every engine tune than getting 1/10 people doing a custom for $500. If they want custom they could pay custom price.

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 7m 28d

Generic ones are already on eBay.. But my understanding is its fairly generic at first then you get it adapted to suit your style.

• Awesome...
  • Member For: 13y 8m 24d

If only there was something that would let you choose how sharp the shifts are, whenever you want AND you didnt have to pay for it... Ah wait, that's a manual :stirthepot:

• Like 3

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9d

With stupid. Spending $500-$700 to chirp 2nd lol.

Edited by Henz

• Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 10m 18d

Where's Ratter when you need him, lol.

The only issue I have with the concept of a 'generic' tune is that most people I know that have had a custom tune - myself included - have gone back for a tweak. In a perfect world they would all be the same, but they aren't.

• Member For: 17y 10m 2d

I'm here,

The ZF tune will not cause your box to break, it may help the engine break things by getting rid of clutch slip etc which will place more load on hard parts. It will not make the hard parts any stronger but will help the hydraulic side of things to be stronger

It will also help the life of the auto by eliminating some of the clutch slip on changes, this clutch slip is what gives the sluggish shifts and contaminates the trans oil and also generates some of the heat..

Everybody will want something different in their tuned auto, some will like harder shifts than others, the ZF also requires approx 100 klm of driving to fully accept changes, so tuned today may require adjustments later on. Most guys that have had their ZF tuned normally make make 2 or 3 trips back to get things 100% to their liking, this has to be figured into the costing of the job.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 15d

adaptive shifts need time to learn again so from the issues I have seen dunny doors 6 speeds drive your car very normal so it can work its way through all its shifts- can your trans be done by some 1 who did not tune your engine???

Edited by F1PERFORMANCE