Review On Coilovers

josho85

• Member For: 12y 4m 16d

Hi all,

New to this forum, just registered today. Ive owned a 2008 F6 for 18 months now, and now that the warranty is up I will me making a couple of mods, namely:

Suspension

Cooler

Boost

Remap ECU

I was almost going to purchase the Pedders http://www.pedders.com.au/products/52/140 but then I came across a similar setup made by XYZ Racing. Take a look at the ebay item: 260885825996

Does anyone know of this brand, does it compare to Pedders, is Pedders any good anyway? Several questions I know but I would like general feedback on lowering my car...

Legal ride height doesn't bother me too much, but handling is important as I would like to do a few track days.

Cheers

Josh

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 15d

FRONT ONLY KIT (1/2 KIT) as stated in the ebay listing. The other guys can answer your questions more. Try looking in the suspension section and you prob find the answers and reviews you are after. Plus our advertisers will be able to help with pricing and advice.

Welcome to the forum and any pics of your ride would be good. :welcome2:

Edited by Barra

• Pitlane Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 28d

I have the pedders XA coilovers installed in my G6ET.I have had them for around 6? weeks and I am very happy with them. They have tightened the car up considerably, improved turn in, the right height is awesome while not sacrificing comfort, you definitely know it is lowered but it is smooth and comfortable unless your hitting big bumps. I have had a few runs through the hills; and although I am far from a racecar driver; I believe the one thing you get with this suspension is confidence. I am very comfortable to power out of corners, out of round abouts, I know I can throw this into a corner and it will come out the other side, etc.

You will never match the handling of a 4wd car in these boats, but coilovers will get you as far as you can go. I have never had coilovers before, and do not have any experience with XYZ or Tein, but I would get the pedders again.

Edited by TRA1NR
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 12y 4m 5d

I got a quote from pedders for XA coilovers ($2300 installed) is this a good price to pay?

Also does it allow clearance for bigger/wider wheels and tyres? I notice there isn't much space inside the arch at the front

I have driven a clubsport with the pedders in them and I was pretty impressed (was low as fk but still comfortable) so any feedback would be great

in a nutshell, I am hoping to achieve the following:

* lower the height to improve the look and handling (centre of gravity)

* maintain a comfortable ride

* fit larger wheels - 20s or maybe 22s

* ability to raise the height

* improve the cornering

* increase the rear grip (in part with larger/wider wheels)

any feedback would be appreciated :D

• Pitlane Member
  • Donating Members

Hey mate you are on the right track with the things you are after. Whereabouts are you situated? Does the $2300 include camber kits? I paid around $2500 with camber kits included. Also if you are an RACV member you can get a show your card and save discount too.

• Member For: 12y 4m 5d

Hi TRA1NR, I am in both Sydney / Canberra most of the time - not sure about the camber kit - I would imagine its all included in the XA extreme coilover package - I have NRMA roadside assist not sure if that would help but a mate with a clubby (on 22s) had them put in his and after driving that I am fairly confident it would be money well spent, was just hoping to see if it made any different with the fords..

I guess my main curiosity would be whether the coilovers would allow for wider wheels at the front? all honesty I only picked the car up this week and havnt had a chance to go over it and look behind the wheels..

I notice nobody except for mexicanbatman has 22's on the front of his FG so chances are ill be going 20s, 20x9 at most

• Member For: 17y 5m 6d

Generally "reducing the ride height" and "improving cornering" do not go hand in hand when only installing coilovers.

I talked about it more in a previous post, but generally handling has a lot more to do with keeping your tyres square and level with the ground, than reducing the centre of gravity. It would be a good idea to do some research beforehand if you're planning to track your car.

Edited by Gonadman2

• Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 10m 18d

I'm going to go with the XYZ set-up. Under 2k fully installed. They run kings springs with them now after the rears were intiallly too soft.

• Pitlane Member
  • Donating Members

Will be interesting to see how you like them bomber, the couple of guys who have talked about them on here are impressed.