Xcal 2 No Longer Supported With A Zf

tpinto

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 22d

Hi all , Took the car in to Tunehouse for a service and some extra work and also a check up on the tune to make sure everything was running as it should be. Got a call from Tony yesterday morning to inform me that there was a problem with the Xcal 2 as it would not allow any settings to be changed after a software update. I ended speaking to Jim who informed that he had Just spoken to SCT and that the Xcal 2 was no longer supported if the vehicle has the ZF but will be at this stage if it has a manual box. This was due to the ZF tuning software now available with the update and that the only way around this was a Xcal 3, so my Xcal 2 is now nothing but crap unless I decide not to retune or have the settings touched or if I just want to change between tune type... SCT thanks alot there goes another $800 , when are you blokes going to bring out the Xcal 4 to make the 3 Ive just been forced to purchase because Ive got a ZF that I dont want touched redundant also ???

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 6d

So a basic tune cannot be performed and uploaded with an Xcal 2 , news to me other than ability to perform ZF tranny tunes.

If you are in fact correct this thread will go feral in no time

Anyone in the know ?

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 22d

Well I hope its true because that is what I was told by Jim from Tunehouse and that is why I just dished out $800 on top of another tune this morning for an Xcal 3...If its not true then someone has not been honest with me and Ive just thrown $800 in the trash......But I'm sure that is not the case, well I'm certain that is not the case.

• Like 1