Fg Exhaust Manifold On Ba

neil101

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 5m 16d

For those of you that were wondering if you can fit a FG Exhaust manifold on a BA-T you can and its pretty straight forward and does make a difference, haven't had it on the dyno yet and I doubt it will change your peak power figure but low to mid range for sure boost comes on around 600rpm sooner and is allot more stable.

Also had to trim duty cycle on the boost controller so it looks like its made the turbo a bit more efficient.

Now what u need to do first off need a FG exhaust manifold heat sheilds and manifold bolts (the BA ones don't work)

you also need a FG dump pipe I used X=Force 4 inch

you'll need to rotate the exhaust housing on the turbo to suit the FG manifold, then you need to cut and reposition the actuator bracket and weld it back together.

you also need to lengthen the oil drain pipe I cut and joined mine to make it long enough the coolant lines will meet up the oil feed you'll need the extension like on the FG which isn't available through ford as a spare part I found out unless u buy the whole turbo :f*ckyou: so I sourced one from GCG.

I already had a X-Force system on my car but the FG dump is shorter so it missed out joining up by about 4 inches so had to get a exhaust shop to meet the 2 ends up (might help answer the question if FG 4 inch system will fit BA/BF system may come up short but I'm only speculating)

hope to get it on the dyno in the next few weeks and compare will let you know how it goes but all in all I'm happy with the end result :sungum:

Another thing to note the FG Exhaust manifold is cheaper new from Ford at $600 compared to BA/BF at $1150!!

Thanks for reading Neil

Edited by neil101

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 9m 26d

I did this about 5 months ago, I can get 1psi @ 1200rpm and 26psi @ 3000 now. You'll most probably find your peak Hp will drop, but it will shift it closer to the redline.

Here's Before (Top) and After (Bottom).

sa400042.jpg

Also I found it easier to use the BF lines and oil return.

sa400036.jpg

Edited by ScatterBrain

• 7 years later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 10m 19d
On 10/11/2011 at 4:22 PM, neil101 said:

Now what u need to do first off need a FG exhaust manifold heat sheilds and manifold bolts (the BA ones don't work)

you also need a FG dump pipe I used X=Force 4 inch

I looked at fitting the fg manfold up to the territory yesterday, I only have the stock dump and cat pipe but the cat pipe seems to foul on lots of things. I assume because the fg has a front sway bar?

so the aftermarket fg dump pipes fit?