Best Intake For G6E Turbo?

• Member For: 12y 5m 24d

I'm tossing up between a few intakes, I am leaning more towards the plazmaman intake.

https://www.plazmaman.com/cms/html/view_main.php?img=tuner%20Challenge%206.jpg&des=F934...%20FG%20AIR%20Muffler%20Replacement%20pipe

From my limited knowledge and research this seems like one of the best available, what can you guys recommend??

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 30d

All I can recommend mate, is to have a good read of the sections that your asking questions about. There is mountains of information floating around, the more you look the more you'll find. Also try the search function at the top right of the page, just be specific.

Rarely is there a "Best" of anything, it really depends on the specific application and power your after.

• Member For: 14y 10m 4d

unless your going to change the turbo all you need is a k & n panel filter and an xr 8 snorkel. this will flow more than enough to get the max from the little turbo. if you want spool ing sound as well however you will need to go for something like the plazmaman one. it depends what you want to achieve.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

• G666E Turbo!!!
  • Member For: 14y 3m 9d

I went 11.6 with stock intake stock exhaust stock turbo stock dump

Stock intake is fine with a k&n although xr8 is better and turbo side better again

But on the street I've noticed no difference between than all except stock is nice and stealth and turbo side is a head turner

Edited by LUXJET

• G666E Turbo!!!
  • Member For: 14y 3m 9d

had a cat 200cpi

I reckon it at the time had the potential to run an 11.3-11.4 with no other mods, and this was with 130kg drive and full tank, imagine a jockey and 1/4 tank that got to be 0.01 LOL

heathcote is a tenth or 2 slower than calder most of the time and I had trouble with the car shifting 1-2

on my 11.6 run it was I D and it shifted 1-2 @ 34km/h displayed on digi dash thing

ZF tune the baby and run it at calder on a 6 deg night zoom zoom zoom...

Edited by MexicanBatman

• Member For: 15y 5m 1d

im embarrased to ask this but hopfully wont get bagged too much lol....with a turboside intake (eg. stainless) where does it actually get air from if its fully enclosed and behind the headlight? the stock/xr8 intake has a mouth behind the grill where the air flows through before it gets to the airbox/panel filter

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 24d

Hey mate. Don't be embarassed. If ya have a look around that area you'll see there are alot of places for air to flow in from.. Especially once moving. And the boxes ain't airtight.