My07 Turbo Mods

stocka

• Member For: 12y 6m 15d

Hi all,

Just picked up my new territory turbo my07 and I am lovin it, but ready for mods.

After reading thru the forums I thought the best way to go would be debung, cai mods(drill a few holes on tthe bottom front face of the airbox), tune, injectors and hi flow cat as this is what alot of you have done and seen reults around the 260rwkw mark.

I went to c & v performance today as I live in sydney and they said not to go the hi flow cat as the standard intercooler would not cope and it will get hot and it will spike the computerl. Not sure what to think of this??? Can anyone help???

They reckoned that the standard cat restricts and protects the car from boosting too much and in turn getting too hot...... unless you go front mount.

They also said just doing debung,cai mods, tune and injectors I would get 230 to 250awkw and would have to go the gearbox tune or it will fry the gearbox?????Can anyone help or confirm this?

It would be good to know of someone that has had mods done in sydney, where they went and what type of results they got.

Anyone who can comment on this or has done these mods it would be great to hear from.

Thanks, Stocka.

• Member For: 15y 9m 3d

Congrats Stocka on the purchase.

CV Performance play it safe.

My friend got the injectors, exhaust unblocked and tune and got 254kw.

Then he got stage 2, dump pipe and cat, fuel pump and front mount which got him 320kw. I can't remember if they played with he's auto as the tune for the auto is only recent. Im lead to believe they are one of the best tuners in Sydney.

Good luck and have fun.

• Member For: 18y 9m 6d

Its more they are playing it safe and that's fine.. the hi-flow cat alone isnt too bad, but an aftermarket dump pipe will more than likely lead to boost control issues. Standard top mount 'cooler wont be much good if you plan to hammer it heaps, but usually good for one hard run. I can see they dont want you to have any reliability issues and are trying to make your car work well as a whole package, which is a completely sensible plan.

Let us know how it all goes mate, just make sure you dont forget the fuel pump too!

Mal K

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 29d

CV still hold the record for the quickest TT to my knowledge but after a few passes the owner went really quite and rumor was one or multiple parts or the driveline gave up.

Two ton through two diffs with a bucket load of torque sounds like a bad idea if you treat it hard. Just something to keep in mind.

Mid-200's comfortably, tuner should be monitoring af/rs closely anyway as each vehicle is subtly different. Good luck mate, you will have a blast (not literally I hope..)

Mal K

• Member For: 17y 1m 7d

Thanks for your replys. how many rwkw is the fuel pump good for?

I ran 11.88 seconds still using the factory fuel pump.

That translates to 605 flywheel horsepower.

Do I still use the factory fuel pump.............................no.

• Member For: 12y 6m 15d

Thanks again for all the info.

Still not sure what to do about gearbox tune? Is it needed for the 250awkw mark?

I have decided I am going to do tune, bosch 42p injectors,100 mettalic cat, and k&n filter hoping for 250+awkw, although most tuners want to do full exhaust system if they are going to touch the exhaust at all but I think value for money this combo will give me best bang for my buck.

I think I am going to get croydon racing development to do the tune.........any comments.

Cheers, stocka.

What you have mentioned will certainly give the best bang for your buck and put a smile on your face everytime. Beware the mod bug bites deep and you WILL want more! The 100cpi cat will probably trigger a Catalyst Fail fault code, but the tuner can take care of this as part of the tune. Standard exhaust more than enough for the power level you will have and it will sound louder with the cat fitted. The tune for the auto is entirely up to you, but remember, disabling torque truncation will mean a harder shift at the cost of transmission life. If the tuner is also skilled at ZF tuning, it shouldnt be an issue, just make sure whoever it is can give you both enhanced transmission performance but not at the cost of a rebuild. Enjoy!