Rota Wheels, Who's Got Them And What Size's Ba-Bf

smXR6

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 10y 11m 9d

Also just noticed that the ROTA grids only come in 8.5" +30 and if I want 9.5" on the rear I need the ROTA grid R +35

is a +30 8.5 with a 245 tyre on the front going to clear the strut?

Rota grid R's look better anyway, more concave.

• 6 years later...
  • SLY
  • Member For: 4y 8m 28d

Hi guys, I know this is an old thread so about time it got updated.

I'm looking at purchasing some rota grid r's for my FG 08 G6ET ego grey F&R either in 18's or 19's as I like the deep concave spokes with the lip around the edge. Not fussed on which size as long as I achieve the look I'm after. I would like either hella flush or slight poke ( no more than 10mm, as I don't want to attract the cops more than I have to, lol). I will be rolling the guards and currently looking for a good place in Adelaide to do so.

The overall look I'm trying to achieve with these rims is like the looks Henz has on the green f6 typhoon with bronze rims earlier in this thread. Meaty tyres on the back and what ever size I should run on the fronts.

I also have the car on shockworks coilovers sitting sssl all around. Im confused with all these sizes and what offsets ill need to accomplish the look that the green f6 typhoon had, so any n all help would be greatly appreciated.

As from what I've seen 18x8.5 +12 n 18x9.5 +12 is what I think Henz has said in some of the threads comments, wether this is correct or not I don't know and probably a tyre size of maybe 270 on the rear or bigger maybe, depending on what'll fit with rubbing. 

Edited by SLY362

• SLY

Ok so they're the grid r's on your car?

And how do they sit. Do they sit flush with the outside of the car or slightly in or do they poke out a little with those sizes.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 14d
15 hours ago, MR_FG_09 said:

04cd8b0e99efb7450dc7425c13258532.jpg

Also, if I was doing a photography session, my (minor) OCD would go off with the concrete colouring of the tyres and I'd wipe 'em clean in a scenario like that haha... such a beautiful photo of a beautiful car :drool:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 5m 8d

He took a few shots inside as well
2d03685026cfb7898790708edf811743.jpg
292cd8fe637f85ddb987cda8267c8260.jpg

4 hours ago, SLY362 said:
Ok so they're the grid r's on your car?

And how do they sit. Do they sit flush with the outside of the car or slightly in or do they poke out a little with those sizes.

They poke a little but fly under the radar
9015cbbf449ce5a9c684dc092cdf4ae8.jpg
8cfb0b7321f7e983783ff057221dc9f7.jpgd58d753a15ad81275f19d3dbf1899cbc.jpg

2 hours ago, k31th said:
Also, if I was doing a photography session, my (minor) OCD would go off with the concrete colouring of the tyres and I'd wipe 'em clean in a scenario like that haha... such a beautiful photo of a beautiful car :drool:

It wasn't a planned photo session my detailer was working in the workshop in the background & decided to take a few shots when he ran the car outside but 100% id have the tyres wiped clean for sure

• Like 1

• SLY

Ahk sweet, looks tough which is what im after. You reckon you could squeeze a slightly bigger tyre on the rear without rubbing or no?

Also would you know if the rota P45R in the same size would fit the same?