Qantas Wtf

turbo ute79

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 7m 28d

I think the problem is that people seem to always consider our educations in engineering and well alot of things to be superior to the rest of the world.. But it's actually not true. My wife and I looked at doing 6-12 months overseas work for a bit of a change. We both required re-certification overseas.

Asia is responsible for some of the worst engineering disasters in modern history.. But they are also responsible for some of the greatest achievements. Like anything it comes down to the people involved.. I've seen some dodgey f*ckers working in australia..

• Phantom Menace
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 7m 19d

So because theyre a business they can do whatever they want right buf? Share price has risen 6% im sure that makes the 75% drop since Joyce came on board so much easier to swallow. How can you sit there and bang on about an Aussie icon gettin trashed when it seems you couldn't care if this great Aussie icon even hires Aussies?

Edited by Zerosignal

• Member For: 14y 5m 11d

We've set up these pay and conditions over the last 90 years. Was all that work for nothing. Ill take a pay cut if everyone in australia does the same thing. If we're all on sh*t money then prices for everything will come down and everyone could afford the basics.

And your forgetting one very important point. As an engineer at qantas, if I make a mistake and an aeroplane crashes I do jail time. Not Mr Joyce. He could pretty much cripple the company and never see a jail cell. Its a huge responsibility for us. I bet nobody on this site would ever have to go to jail for their job. The responsibility is worth good pay I say. But im sure you'll disagree because you can sit in your computer chair and type whatever the f*ck you want but you'll never know the full story because of one simple thing. YOU DONT WORK FOR QANTAS

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 4d

Job security. Job security. Job security. :bliss: What a bloody cop-out, love how unions latch on to buzz words and hide behind them.

There's no such thing, nobody has indefinite job security. Expecting otherwise is unrealistic.

We as consumers want cheaper air fares, that means Qantas can't compete as a full service airline and is making huge losses on their international routes since the 'skies were opened' to allow overseas based airlines to fly in to Aus.

So either we all support Qantas by only flying with them, or we go for the cheapest possible option and put them out of business.

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 10d

So because theyre a business they can do whatever they want right buf? Share price has risen 6% im sure that makes the 75% drop since Joyce came on board so much easier to swallow. How can you sit there and bang on about an Aussie icon gettin trashed when it seems you couldn't care if this great Aussie icon even hires Aussies?

Not the unions job from where I sit. who runs the business and I say business ? Certainly not the farkin unions

Do you buy groceries or at least in the past 20 years ?

• Phantom Menace
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 7m 19d

Job security. Job security. Job security. :bliss: What a bloody cop-out, love how unions latch on to buzz words and hide behind them.

There's no such thing, nobody has indefinite job security. Expecting otherwise is unrealistic.

We as consumers want cheaper air fares, that means Qantas can't compete as a full service airline and is making huge losses on their international routes since the 'skies were opened' to allow overseas based airlines to fly in to Aus.

So either we all support Qantas by only flying with them, or we go for the cheapest possible option and put them out of business.

If you couldn't care less about safety go fly tiger or something, Qantas have always priced at a premium because they have an impeccable safety record.

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 7m 28d

And your forgetting one very important point. As an engineer at qantas, if I make a mistake and an aeroplane crashes I do jail time. Not Mr Joyce.

You may wanna check who does jail time these days.. It's not just the engineer anymore.. The directors of companies recently have been found negligent in this regard and are now suffering also. Just ask the poor dude from QR.. Regional Director and currently sitting in a jail. He's not even an engineer prior to landing the RD job.

And as for nobody on this site having to go to jail for their job? There are several traffic controllers here.. I've sat in front of the coroners court on multiple occasions because someone does something stupid at a roadworks site. Each time it was my name on the traffic management plan so my arse on the line.. And I promise you I'm not paid nearly as freaking much as a Qantas engineer.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 4d

We've set up these pay and conditions over the last 90 years. Was all that work for nothing. Ill take a pay cut if everyone in australia does the same thing. If we're all on sh*t money then prices for everything will come down and everyone could afford the basics.

And your forgetting one very important point. As an engineer at qantas, if I make a mistake and an aeroplane crashes I do jail time. Not Mr Joyce. He could pretty much cripple the company and never see a jail cell. Its a huge responsibility for us. I bet nobody on this site would ever have to go to jail for their job. The responsibility is worth good pay I say. But im sure you'll disagree because you can sit in your computer chair and type whatever the f*ck you want but you'll never know the full story because of one simple thing. YOU DONT WORK FOR QANTAS

I'm an accountant and would love more money, allot of companies are outsourcing my line of work to India. Can I share your tissue?

If I make a mistake I could end up out of a job or in a jail cell too. Poor me.

I get paid well and more than others with more qualifications, and I certainly wouldn't say no to more money, but is it ethical that I hold a shotgun to my employer's head and demand more money? No it's not, I'll ask for it at every opportunity but certainly don't expect it nor demand it.

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 10d

Go work for Virgin n then

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 3d

And as for nobody on this site having to go to jail for their job? There are several traffic controllers here.. I've sat in front of the coroners court on multiple occasions because someone does something stupid at a roadworks site. Each time it was my name on the traffic management plan so my arse on the line.. And I promise you I'm not paid nearly as freaking much as a Qantas engineer.

Was gonna bring that up but don't really want to weight into this one lol.