Qantas Wtf

turbo ute79

• Phantom Menace
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 8m 9d

Seriously I'd love to see a show of hands who here has 'JOB SECURITY' anywhere in their employee agreement? If I don't pull my weight I'm gone.. I assume that's the same as 99% of other australians in jobs?

Its got nothing to do with productivity or not getting the sack, the agreement is about no forced redundancies (plenty of jobs out there have this) and a cap on how many percent of 3rd party contractors are used.

• Phantom Menace
  • Donating Members

news just in , union boss Tony Sheldon is going to drag this on beyond 21 days ..........f*cktard of the highest order

I will generally hear it first, this is going to get messier

This isn't news, its obvious that the dispute isn't over a resolution hasn't been agreed to.

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 18d

I want a job where there is an agreement about no forced redundancies cause I know my boss is in ireland at the moment attempting to bring back cheaper staff.. SO does this mean I get to carry on like a spoilt brat until I get my way?

• Member For: 14y 6m

ive heard it all before. I work for qantas engineering and basically just imagine it was your job. How bout I ask you not to come into work anymore because some f*ck in asia can do your job for peanuts. Lets see how you like it. And when one falls out of the sky because of improper maintenance from asia dont whinge and whine like little b*tches. Just hope its not my family because no doubt it will happen

• Phantom Menace
  • Donating Members

Exactly mate, I don't know when aussies only started giving a sh*t about themselves but its a sad state of affairs when you get the boot put into you for standing up for yourself.

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 30d

ive heard it all before. I work for qantas engineering and basically just imagine it was your job. How bout I ask you not to come into work anymore because some f*ck in asia can do your job for peanuts. Lets see how you like it. And when one falls out of the sky because of improper maintenance from asia dont whinge and whine like little b*tches. Just hope its not my family because no doubt it will happen

People miss the point, It is a business not an Australian charity.There are Aussies all over the planet working for up to 50% less same jobs

Share price has just jumped 6% go figure , shareholders must be crying.. Terrifying stuff

Please demonstrate the inferiority of off shore engineering labour resourcing whilst Etihad , Emirates etc have done so and with more cost

effective outputs.

and who says Aussies are the best, proven or chest beating.?stay objective LOL

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 30d

Exactly mate, I don't know when aussies only started giving a sh*t about themselves but its a sad state of affairs when you get the boot put into you for standing up for yourself.

The real point is what happens between Joyce and Sheldon. Viable business or business in terminal decay ?

I just don't get why Qantas staff deserve better wages etc than their competitors and co workers for same work.

Responses from Albanese and Guillard just confirms what we already know