Photos Of Snapped Driveshaft

hypnodoc

• Member For: 12y 7m 9d

Ok well it seems I just spun a tailshaft aswell I brought this car 2nd hand say 2 months ago it has just had a new diff put in by Ford 2 weeks ago n as I was exiting a round a bout I accelarated to the speed limit but never got there now at 4 30 in the morning I am waiting for Ford to open up to see if they will fix it infr warranty bit coinsidental that they put a new diff on and now tail shaft fails. I have never taken it to a track n this is a stock standard car what will break next

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 10d

Sorry to hear that, hope they (Ford) and you can contribute the fail to recent work on the diff. I assume 'they' did a tail shaft re balancing after fitting?? Maybe that will help if you can use it for your case.

• Member For: 15y 8m 20d

Why waste so much energy on it? I dont agree with what Ford are doing but these cars are rubbish in terms of quality we all know that and they come with a limited warranty for a number of different reasons.

You say its 3 months out of warranty? Why should they help you? Im sure its a common well documented problem, but what exactly do you expect from Ford now? They have no legal obligation to fix your car whether its a known issue or not now that it is outside of the warranty period. If that were the case you would have people bringing their cars back in 10 years time for the same issue.

No doubt if you take it to court you will have a good chance of winning but why waste so much time and effort? I would fix the car, sell it on and never buy the product again. I can confidently say as much as I adore my FG it will be the last Ford I ever purchase. You really do get what you pay for and these days 40k dont get you much apart from 2 seats, a tray and a nice big turbo.

ok well I just a call from ford n the guy just said 'uneed a new tail shaft' well um I fiqured that one seen it dont line up any more. will b back on the road tomorrow ye ha.

Got a phoncall today and apparently Ford have no tailshafts so they are making some. How long will the car be off the road no one can answer this at moment

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 6d

Why waste so much energy on it?............. You really do get what you pay for and these days 40k dont get you much apart from 2 seats, a tray and a nice big turbo.

If they are making something that fails only 3 months out of warranty then it should be on them to fix that is just a fact. When you buy a car you expect with regular maintenance to get a certain number of years trouble free so in this case I would expect 10 years without a major problem. I class a tailshaft giving up for no real reason as grounds for warranty.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 15d

I agree, just because its out of warranty doesn't mean they should get away with it.

How would you feel if your car bog stock blew the motor 1 day out of warranty??

Slightly o.t but my old man bought a kia rio to commute about 250km round trip each day for work.

A counter weight snapped off the crank, out of warranty on a 42 month old car with 130k on the clock.

All kia asked was if he was doing burnouts on the limiter (which he wasn't) and supplied a brand new bottom end (he paid labour).

Sucks he can get service like that for a car that cost 1/4 of the price.

• Member For: 18y 11m 13d

Why waste so much energy on it? I dont agree with what Ford are doing but these cars are rubbish in terms of quality we all know that and they come with a limited warranty for a number of different reasons.

You say its 3 months out of warranty? Why should they help you? Im sure its a common well documented problem, but what exactly do you expect from Ford now? They have no legal obligation to fix your car whether its a known issue or not now that it is outside of the warranty period. If that were the case you would have people bringing their cars back in 10 years time for the same issue.

No doubt if you take it to court you will have a good chance of winning but why waste so much time and effort? I would fix the car, sell it on and never buy the product again. I can confidently say as much as I adore my FG it will be the last Ford I ever purchase. You really do get what you pay for and these days 40k dont get you much apart from 2 seats, a tray and a nice big turbo.

We aren't talking about a toaster here. It's a $60k+ vehicle that one would expect would be backed with a decent warranty and after sales service and support. To simply suggest that he rolls over on pursing Ford for what appears to be a significant fault impacting potentially 100's of other customers is completely absurd, even if it's a few months out of warranty.