Dlm & Assist Proudly Sponsored Xr6 Turbo Drag Car (Dragon Ii)

DRL

• Dragons Lair Motorsport
  • Member For: 12y 8m 13d

Nothing regular about the DLM-Spec 1098r 4.0L engine Slash, this I assure you :blind: And yes it still has the standard stroke and spins to just over 8000rpm

• BANNED
  • Banned
  • Member For: 16y 11m 28d

Ok so what car is this "Baby Dragon" engine going in that is all over youtube ??

I could have sworn that was the destroked combo fitted but anyway.... I guess I misunderstood all the hype about it sorry to mislead anyone.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 20d

I believe the 1836hp de-stroked & dry sumped 3.6ltr engine your reffering to that's all over youtube is going into Spiko's car XR6menace...

Car above that ran the 8.2 @ 168mph belong's to Daniel and is a different car altogether, from what I can gather it still retain's it's 4ltr capacity & wet sump still I think, it make's a few hundred ponies less, I'm not exactly sure how much HP it make's but Spiro would be able to clear that up...

• Member For: 11y 6m 18d

Hi guys, just to clear up a few details this motor has the following.

Ford - 4lt stroke

Big dan racing custom pickup -Wet sump

DLM - main caps

Atomic - stage 4.5 and 5.5 cams

Atomic - oil pump gear

Atomic - cam gears

BIg Dan Racing - Resin filled block

Atomic - chain

Atomic - tensioner

Ford - Stock crank. No fly cut or tricks other than a treatment and the right clearance.

Atomic - 998 rods

Atomic - Cosworth hi top piston

Big Dan Racing -Very mild intake port work to open it up.

Atomic - custom main cap engine brace

Atomic - solid lifters

DLM/Hypertune twin rail intake

Dlm/6 boost - exhaust manifold

DLM/precision pro mod turbo

Big Dan Racing - custom oil setup and sump setup

Atomic - 14.3mm head studs

Atomic - std main cap studs

Atomic - OS head stud washers

Ford - Stock chamber worked well as well.

Atomic - copper head gasket

Remember these turbos move a lot of air and will makeup for any flow issues the ford may have and we are also running methanol.

The motor was built By Big Dan Racing and installed and tune by Big Dan Racing & a very close mate Brent that now has a tune shop just outside Newcastle only 45 mins from Sydney the spec is a DLM combo just with several BDR adjustments to suit our requirements and rpm levels.

What most people are over looking is the gear box setup. Al's race glides has come to the party and spent a lot of time setting up this turbo 400 to suit my requirements. As you saw the car left soft with 1.3 60 at 9psi and was only boosted to 29psi. Keep in mind that the car makes. 400kw atw at 5psi. If you want a box just call me and I can arrange it to suit your power and budget and set it up for you as we'll if required.

The next part to the equation is the haltech setup. I have installed every item available to setup the car and safely run the car at these levels. The car has always run this even in its manual days where it ran a 9.7. The sport 2000 is an easy cheap setup for the results and a lot less sitting around the dyno waiting to flash tune. If anyone requires a haltech or install and tune let me know as we can set this up for you and even wire it to your factory harness. And yes you can still run the factory ecu for FBW throtlle and dash.

The final key to the results are the good old ford 9" diff. And 4 link. Yes we can do this for your race car as well...

And remember the key to the above parts is the 1000's of hrs Big Dan Racing has put in to get the energy into them.

For any further details you can contact us by face book directly at page : Bigdanracing or email dan@bigdan.com.au

This car is now for sale and is currently pulled down for some minor bedding in issues as you can follow on Facebook

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 5d

400 at 5 must be a good turbo setup