Reverse Sensors Vs. Reverse Camera

Sick EB

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 7m 11d

I don't remeber saying the led bezels emitted light mate only that they where used at night time, their is a big difference in picture quality and warranty between cheap cameras and good quality ones, even brought new from a reputable place a decent reverse camera wont set you back over $200-$250 with the infared etc the moneys in the camera.

• Member For: 15y 8m 23d

I paid $300 IIRC, 4 sensors fitted by TOSSA, painted to match the body.

this seams like a reasonable price. how good do the work in you opinion? was the install done well? maybe a pic?

thanks

matt

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 24d

Is there a video input in the back of the ICC or something? The only reversing camera option I got from the dealer was another screen (similar to a GPS) mounted to the window - wasn't too keen on that idea.

• Member For: 12y 5m 25d

I had dealer fitted sensors (4 off) to an XR5 which worked pretty well once I was familiar with the range of these. Current car has an ebay type camera that cost $45 with the infra red vision plugged into a double DIN head unit. Camera hasn't worn that well, some moisture got behind the lens cover (plastic) and clouded it, but is still useable . Partially my fault for not cleaning it up sooner. With the sensors once they got dirty they would become unreliable, they only require a quick wipe over to restore performance. If it was a decision of one or the other I would go with the sensors, but if you can incorporate both - all the better.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 7m 27d

I had a camera fitted when I took delivery of my 2011 fg, its the one they offer on the ford site, for me its handy to know if thou are going to hit something that is low lying but it is was too wide angled and very hard to judge how far away you are from things. Ive thought I was a couple of meters from a pole only to look out my mirror and crap my sacks as I was right on top of it. Im still thinking of going the sensors as well.

• Donating Members

Does it display through the ICC screen? Or do they give you another screen?

The only one I can find is this (2nd last listing on that page): http://www.ford.com....apper&site=FOA#

If this is the one you have (mounted to a mirror), can you please post up a pic, I am interested in seeing what they look like. Cheers.

Edited by Gussa

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 2d

That's crap, you would be better off getting an premo center console, they come up on ebay all the time. Bloody cheap too compared to what you use to have to pay on the B series.

• Donating Members

I do have premo. All 50ths came with Premo... but Utes didn't come with reversing cameras :sadcase: ... I don't get it. That's why I am wondering if the ICC's have an input and I'll install my own :sungum:

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 2d

Pretty sure they do, should be just plug and play.

Oh and I don't think any XR/FPV comes with reversing camera standard, only Limo's :buttrock:

• Like 1