Fg Manual 6Sp > Shudder/backlash Or Something?!?!

601Turbz

• Member For: 13y 6m 22d

Hi all I have an FG XR6T with the TR6060. Ever since I bought the car there seems to have a problem with the first gear, gear change.

To try and explain it, if you're driving in first gear and take your foot off the accelerator peddle (while the car is still rolling) and push the clutch peddle in there is some kind of shuddering loud noise. This becomes extremely evident and annoying when looking for a car park at low speeds.

However I can drive around this problem by applying a slight amount of throttle as I push the clutch in and there will not be any noise/knock/shudder etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by 601Turbz

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 20d

Add far as I know they all do it. They feel like crap and get allot of backlash. Once you get used to driving it, it you learn to control it a bit. It will be a lot worse if the diff bushes are shagged. I took mine back to ford the day after I bought it with the same complaint. Just got told that's how they are, and heard the same from other manual owners.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 14d

My FG is much more clunky than my previous BA (both 6sp manuals). From this perspective the BA wa smuch more refined. I'll be looking at whether the bushes need replacing.

• I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 6m

The T56 in the B' Series don't do this… or do they??? Surely there must be a solution. KPM here in SA said that it was due to the single mass flywheel???

Mine does it.. Also since the 6sp conversion it seems to do it more

Just took my mates BA XR6T with T56 from Mal Wood for a spin. Has got an Extreme HD Clutch with the usual goodies, tuned to 320rwkw. I am unable to make this car shudder/ backlash or whatever. Just seems like a "normal manual" like a how they should be??? Why why why is this?!?!?

A T56 blueprinted box from Mal wood also? Anyway you can drive around a car park all day in first gear, looking for a park without a hint of shudder. When the clutch is pressed in. Everything disengages and the driveline rolls free, NO backlash/shudder sensation.

Edited by 601Turbz

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 17y 9m 4d

None of the BA/BF and FG XR's have dual mass flywheels.

The standard spigot bearing fitted has loose needle rollers, which can "pick up" in the input. All our clutch kits come with a sealed spigot bearing.

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 7m 27d

Yeah just to add my two bobs I have the problem.. Shagged diff bush seemed to make it worse. But as 234FPV said you will learn to control it by slightly adjusting your driving style.