Got A Grin From Ear To Ear

Red Baron

• Member For: 13y 16d

Back in February I threw down the cash for my first turbo car, a 50th anniversary FG G6ET from Macarthur Ford at Campbelltown. I smiled the first time I squeezed that pedal down and every time after that. The forums here have been an invaluable source of information both before I bought the car and after. Lurking in the shadows I have read countless posts on the best combinations of parts and the best tuners trying to work out the best combination of mods with the best value. But I can't sit in the shadows any longer. I just picked up the car this evening from the tuner and cannot find printable words that describe how happy I am with the car. My wife drives this car on a regular basis so I was very concerned about driveablity and because it is a new car I wanted to maintain a stock appearance. Chris from Rapid performance gave me an excellent price on a FG stage II kit (4" Dump,5" Cat,Injectors, V.1 Intercooler and pipe kit) then Joe from Crescent Motorsport fitted the gear and tuned it. The car idles beautifully no one would suspect the Jekyll and Hyde personality of the car, squeese the pedal and the car hunkers down then shoves you into the seat as the speedo whips around the dial. Stab the pedal to the floor and it lights the after burner drawing lines all over the road. I reckon these G6ET's would have to be the ultimate sleeper and I have a grin from ear to ear after driving mine.

Red Baron

Thanks guys, car is lightning strike silver with dark tinted windows and has the 50th anniversary wheels. According to the dyno sheet from Cresent motorsports its running 291rwkw @ 16 psi. I am already looking for excuses to drive it though the wife likes the new tune too. :biggrin:

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 23d

Good stuff mate, another quick limo hitting the streets. Oh and..

Stab the pedal to the floor and it lights the after burner drawing lines a line all over the road.

:stirthepot:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 10m 29d

Hey RedBarron,

Glad to see your happy with the car mate.

The boys at CMS were very careful with your pride and joy and took their time to get everything spot on, and as I was told, it drives ultra smooth and powerful.

its a good balanced package you chose... V1 intercooler kit is a great starting point, as it is easy added on to for more power later on, as is the 4inch dump & cat combo with stock exhaust... ready for a matching cat back if and when you want more kws.

And a smart move choosing the 80lb injectors rather than the 60s... now you have the scope to get a E85 tune later on and not have to buy another set of injectors :)

Enjoy!

Thanks Chris, as soon as E85 becomes readily available out Macarthur way I will be heading back for the next round of mods, 3.5" cat back system and a fuel system upgrade. Got to say I was extremely surprised how smooth and torquey the power delivery is :burnout: . I was not sure about the 80lb injectors but Joe assured me he could set them up to idle as well as stock and he has definitely delivered. Think I will go check the fridge I'm sure I need to go for a drive to get so milk.....