Photography Advice & Discussion Thread

Shyfrd

• I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 5m 24d

changing from canon to nikon so I'm selling a few lenses all canon

10-22 ultra wide angle for crop sensor

24-105 f4 L series glass suitable for crop sensor or full frame = any canon dslr

100mm f2.8 non usm macro with set of 3 kenko extension tubes and a yongnuo flash suitable for crop sensor or full frame = any canon dslr

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 8m 18d

I could be interested in the 10-22.. Was looking at one similar but considering my level of experience I was considering going Tamron just to see if I can reignite my interest in cameras without killing the bank too much..

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 24d

How much is the Tamron? I can't imagine it's much different to a secondhand Canon 10-22 in good nick (which is a great lens).

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 8d

TravF6Light_10_zps2f107804.jpg

TravF6Light_06_zps83986438.jpg

TravF6Light_02_zps7e865bb0.jpg

LightPaint_6_zps81d3c421.jpg

LightPaint_3_zpsbecbe47f.jpg

Been playing around with dslr in entry level form for a little while.

Really liking the light painting style of photography. I dont use light room or PS although I should.

These were taken with nikon d3100 (yep the xt falcon of nikon range) with the kit 18-55 lens, cheap tripod and cheap remote shutter.

Hardest car to do is mine ive found

LightPaint_8_zps827e44cd.jpg

But I love how my motorbike comes up

croppedoffcamera_zps9b487ac9.jpg

DSC_0554_01_zpsbdff3dcc.jpg

Recently upgraded to a nikon d5300 and increased my collection of lenses. Ive looked at some of my older light painting shots and can see how much ive improved but can still see where improvements are needed. Bought a new torch to use so I hope to try get some new shots soon.

• Like 1

• I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 5m 24d

Yes.

Why on earth are you changing brands?

I wanted to upgrade from the 600d and stay with a crop sensor. Currently the 2 best canon/nikon crop sensors are the 70d and d7100.

A d7100 with 10,000 actuations came up locally for $500.Made the choice very easy

When the d7100 came up for sale I started looking into lenses to suit. Here is what I ended up with.

Tokina 11-16 f2.8

sigma 17-50 f2.8 (2nd hand)

Tokina 50-135 f2.8 (2nd hand)

Total cost of lenses was $1350

I should get more than that when I sell my 3 remaining camera lenses, plus I have already sold the 600d with 18-55, 55-250 and nifty fifty for more than I bought the d7100 for.

I could be interested in the 10-22.. Was looking at one similar but considering my level of experience I was considering going Tamron just to see if I can reignite my interest in cameras without killing the bank too much..

I didn't see your post quick enough and a friend has it on hold. I reckon the 10-22 is better than the 10-24 tamron, also the 10-22 comes up for sale heaps as people move to full frame.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t31.0-8/1487759_10152161598746180_568745868_o.jpg

you should be able to see that pic, shot in jpeg mode with the 600d

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 24d

Fair enough. Sounds like you covered the cost, which was the basis behind my question. It sounded like it could've been a big expense to swap over.

• Like 1