Bf Ghia - Turbo Coming Soon

Moey-DW

• Member For: 12y 7m 14d

Hey guys, newbie to the site. My names Mohamed and I've got a 05 BF Fairmont Ghia. Our family is addicted to boost lol. With a G6ET [sold earlier this year :(], a Twin Turbo 5 series and a crazy 400rwkw ED XR6 turbo with a powerglide. I'm hoping to add my car to the mix with either a turbo FG motor or turbo it with the n/a motor and upgrade the parts slowly. I'm aiming for 250rwkw on the stock block or go for 300+ with the FG motor. Here's some pics of my baby:

Stock as a rock when I picked her up

IMG_2274.jpg

Then I lowered her with SL front SSSL rear, XR8 mags custom painted, full piano black interior plastics, RDA slotted rotors, fairlane cluster & clock, XR6T exhaust and custom cai.

220850_10150164509427400_616122399_7059892_4099261_o.jpg

And of course LED's!!

IMG_7949.jpg

Debadged and 10% tint

IMG_4526.jpg

Then I got an iPhone kit which I'm trying to connect a touchscreen to, like in [XRS1X]'s thread

Here's a small vid showing 0-100 at the end on the farm road

Feel free to give me any tips about turboing this, I know all the parts I need just need time to get it together! lol

Thanks for looking :)

Edited by Moey-DW

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 4d

Welcome mate, like the interior...

Any reason why you didn't buy a turbo in the first place? Or do you want to build it up? Def get the FG motor..

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 30d

Your gonna regret the piano black lol.

I'd loose the wing, especially on a ghia but aside from that looks good and seems to go bloody well as is.

There are FG Turbo engines on Ebay for 4/5k, that'd be the go.

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 5d

Changing the whole engine over seems like overkill and will make it an expensive job!

Under 5k will have this turbo'd and making decent power if you shop around for the parts.

Welcome mate, like the interior...

Any reason why you didn't buy a turbo in the first place? Or do you want to build it up? Def get the FG motor..

Thanks man, I got this as my first car and it was a really good deal, but now n/a power doesn't do it for me ;)

Your gonna regret the piano black lol.

I'd loose the wing, especially on a ghia but aside from that looks good and seems to go bloody well as is.

There are FG Turbo engines on Ebay for 4/5k, that'd be the go.

lol, it came with the wing, just shopping around for a new boot. The installer's of it have bent the boot by over-tightening the nuts. Yeah I saw that motor from macathur parts, really considering it. It does go pretty well though, that 0-100 was 6 flat by my timing.

Changing the whole engine over seems like overkill and will make it an expensive job!

Under 5k will have this turbo'd and making decent power if you shop around for the parts.

Yeah that may be, but from what I've been told it's plug and play. I've found a cheap kit that comes with turbo pistons etc that's cheap so gonna check it out :)

Thanks guys :)

Edited by Moey-DW

• I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 5m 30d

How long til you get off your P plates?

might have a bit of time up your sleeve to get all the parts in order first, keep an eye on flea bay and the for sale section here and you should do ok.

Question, if I run an aftermarket hot side intake and a monza intercooler but stock dump and exhaust, will I need a cutoms tune? Not gonna use factory crossover, because I'll just swap over when I get a tune down the track. Using turbo ecu.

Also, I've read that the ba and bf ecu's are different (black oak vs spanish oak?), true?

Edited by Moey-DW

• I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 5m 30d

My advice would be stay away from the monza, you have a bit of time to save up and collect parts so keep an eye out for something better. It will be for for the power you want on the stock bottom end, it's also a cooler I have used in the past . . . . But they are no good mate. There is a saying "the poor man pays twice" I know I have had many tunes (and a new one soon as well) where I would have been much much better off saving up and getting everything done at once.

I ran the F6 intake + k&n filter, a monza style cooler, better cat (but still not a great one), injectors, fuel pump and a tune for 308rwkw. For a while I ran those parts minus the fuel pump and injectors and no tune, the check engine light came on every now and then and I was risking popping the motor. If I had of known about this forum back then I would have never done it.

Take advice from someone who learnt the hard way, save up and get it all done at once, get a tune from a good tune shop too - it will be worth any extra you may pay.

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 30d

Strangely enough there happens to be all the gear you need on ebay like 3 times over at the moment. Go for it.