What Are The Real Stock Kw?

TRNR 747

• Member For: 12y 6m 7d

Hey guys I am looking to buy an xr6 n/a but I want to know the real kW are for the BA, BF, FG XR6.

Ford say:

BA-182 kW

BF-190 kW

FG-195 kW

But I have seen on the forum people saying that and FG will only get 180 kW or something like that on a dyno so I just want to find out what the really kW are and not what Ford say the kW are.

Thanks guys

P.S. I am on my P's at the moment that is why I am not getting an XR6T.

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 2d

Varies for each car. Those figures would be the average, more to the point the average at the Flywheel , when people are saying they are only getting 180 that's probably at the wheels.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 4d

Yeah that's the nature of the beast. Loss through driveline from friction (heat) and whatnot, less if it's a manual though

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Member For: 12y 7m 22d

right choice thinking ford ,holdens sixes arnt great my Expensive Daewoo ute is ment to be 157kw at the engine( I think) was actly about 110 at the wheels I did the extractors high flow cat and 2.5inch system, growler kit and coils made 126rwkw than the cam and tune and made 143rwkw ive raced quite a few non turbo fgs both auto and manual and my ute smashes them ( well for a na vs na) my utes a bit lighter and lower gearing im pritty sure the xr6s make like 160ish standard so its not so much topend power that makes a car fast (on the street anyway) its mid range torque and whilst u get given a figger of torque wen u get it dynoed you cant really compare that from car to car. so really the numbers they say dont really mean much best way is to get in it and give it the beans

• 2 months later...
  • Member For: 11y 11m 28d

Keeping in mind that the Power Rating Ford advertised is based on a Mathematical Formula,Ford never tested cars on Dyno's to provide kW ratings.

Also,these are based on NEW cars,after 9 years ( my BA is an 03 ) I estimate STOCK at the Flywheel would now be conisderably lower.

Comments on Ford's procedure to provide kW ratings ?

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 4d

Numbers bigger than previous models to please buyers but small enough not to scare regulators/media? With not much attention to accuracy :)