What Difference (Kw) Is A Cat Back Exhaust Really Going To Make?

dragonf6

• Member For: 13y 2m 10d

I think Henz would be on the money. He has better mods than me (Plaz Plenum, BF engine etc) and I made 420wkw on the dyno while tuning for the new exhaust.

@dragonf6 Not sure of the exhaust on the F6 but I would do the exhaust first if I was to mod another BF because I think it's important to get all the used, hot gases out easily and avoid constipation with less turbo heat and lower boost/power ratio. I tried pushing more in than what could escape easily and it didn't end well. 330-340wkw is a fairly respectable goal so the safer the better in my opinion.

• Member For: 12y 5m 12d
Non tuned? So you upgraded the exhaust without a tune and made good gains? If that's the case does it mean the engine is getting more air so running leaner? Just wondering because I upgraded my exhaust recently and was told not to go hard for long periods until it was tuned.
You might be right mate. Maybe it is running leaner. Im pretty new to the modding game, so I can only go by what the dyno print out say's. But..... Im learning. A dump, cat, injectors and tune is next on my list. If I can crack 300rwks for an everyday driver....Im happy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Inactive Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 9d

I just recently bought a 2008 fg turbo. I drove out of the dealership and drove straight to Genie exhaust and Dyno, in Perth WA. They fitted a 2.5 inch X force, stainless cat back exhaust and K@N panel filter.It was dyno'd @ 264 rwks and 355 rwhp. Due to a double booking they couldnt do a pre fitment dyno unless I re booked for another day. So, I said fu$k it, and just do the final dyno and see where I stand " I didnt want to wait". Going by what most people say, the fg xr6t puts out about 220 to 240 rwks stock standard. So...... I reckon that's a pretty good result for a non tuned car.

Mate hope you dont mind me asking but what did it cost for your system??

I had work done by them on my old ss and they were good to deal with..

• Member For: 12y 5m 12d

Yeh no probs mate. For the 2.5 x force stainless was $1300 fitted and $75 bucks for the k@n filter. Dyno run included. Ive used Genie twice now, and they have been great. Some people think they are over priced, but id rather pay $100 extra and know Im getting a quality fitment.

Edited by Lazz1007

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8d

That's a lot more than $100 extra!!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m

I will be doing mine in the new year, that is a G6e turbo and was thinking of the Venom bolt on cat. I know it might just be marketing spin but it makes sense to me. Have a look.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-Falcon-FG-XR6-F6-G6E-Turbo-High-Flow-Cat-Pipe-FPV-/260820790872?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cba216e58

• Member For: 13y 2m 10d

I removed my new cat to add a socket before the cat for my tuner to use for his wideband sensor. It may be worth fitting one before installation?