Coils

• Throbbing Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 1m 23d

I had the same thing last week dylan, was fine cruising around but under any load it would miss and break down as if traction control was cutting spark. I had a look at all the coils and they were perfect visually.

Bought a set of genuine ones from ford and slapped them in and now its perfect, wish I had of seen them ones from coffee ford, I paid 250 from jefferson ford which I thought was a good price.

• Banned
  • Member For: 13y 4m 6d

Im having a few Issies with coil's Or plugs im not to sure? it start's Missing under Load at about 3,500RPM right though the rest of the rev range "BUT" Only when it is at operation temp, I did a small test this morning put it under load till about 4,000rpm and no miss, It is auto and 89,*** Kms, Im pretty sure origanal Plugs?

Could it be simple as a fouled Plug?

Sorry if that is off topic at all.

Cheers Dylan

I had the same thing last week dylan, was fine cruising around but under any load it would miss and break down as if traction control was cutting spark. I had a look at all the coils and they were perfect visually.

Bought a set of genuine ones from ford and slapped them in and now its perfect, wish I had of seen them ones from coffee ford, I paid 250 from jefferson ford which I thought was a good price.

MIne has only recently done exactly the same thing - from 3,000 onwards it continually cuts out right through the rev range (loud fluttering sound through exhaust also).

Also at the lights every few second it "misses" and feels like engine cuts out, but then it sparks up again and so on.

I only recently put in expensive "long-life" plugs, but coils have never been changed (in 180,000ks) so maybe its time....had them checked a month ago and all fine, another good waste of money.......

• Member For: 12y 3m 1d

MIne has only recently done exactly the same thing - from 3,000 onwards it continually cuts out right through the rev range (loud fluttering sound through exhaust also).

Also at the lights every few second it "misses" and feels like engine cuts out, but then it sparks up again and so on.

I only recently put in expensive "long-life" plugs, but coils have never been changed (in 180,000ks) so maybe its time....had them checked a month ago and all fine, another good waste of money.......

Yeah I also get the Miss at idle sometimes to, Im Yet to book it in, but I will let you guys know the out come :buba:

Cheers Dylan.

• Mad Scientist
  • Member For: 19y 3m 28d

I've tried 4 or 5 sets of different branded coils over the years. The genuines have been the best. Others went from being ok to lasting just a few days before they began breaking down under boost. I sampled one set from China (from the manufacturer) that were as good as the genuines but I don't know of anyone selling them. I've now bought 3 sets of genuines from eBay and they've all been great.

Go for genuines from ebay mate.

thanks mate, I ended up with genuines and the utes running perfect again!

Wow cant believe the price hike on these, I paid 150 for the six only a year ago.

agreed!

These ones are the go - from Coffey Ford:

http://www.ebay.com....#ht_2874wt_1270

The guy there that I spoke with also advised that next month a new supplier will kick in, quality is unknown.

So I assume there will be a new part # to replace the current BAF12A366A stock.

cheers for that.

• Throbbing Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 1m 23d

Yeh I'd definately change the coils in that case, I have iridium plugs in mine and they looked perfect so I tried the coils first.

• Banned
  • Member For: 13y 4m 6d
Yeh I'd definately change the coils in that case, I have iridium plugs in mine and they looked perfect so I tried the coils first.

Had my car front bearings, rotors, pads replaced yesterday, asked to have a look at coils and plugs whilst at workshop. Said plugs were 100%, but "no idea on coils, its impossible to tell if not working unless replaced".

Going from the above symptoms you guys are having it sounds like it most likely is coils I hope;

Complete basic question (I am no mechanic!!), so take it easy on me..........on EBay I can buy;

1. XRT Ignition Coils (6 seperate items)

2. XRT Coil pack (1 item)

Mechanic said I need both - a mate told me I just need Ignition Coils? (number 1) Any help greatly appreciated!

ps: Told it could be injectors also, even though they were only recently ultrasonic cleaned. So I might buy a new set of them at the same time.........

Edited by CBXRT

• I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 5m 3d

on ebay you can buy the 6 coils in a pack - used to be around the $160 mark from coffey ford / mikes model cars.

don't worry about replacing your injectors, and definetly get a price before hand if you want to go that way.