Best Cooler Upgrade Using Standard Piping

Ale

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 29d

You can make 330 with F6 cooler, but on hot days that comes back to about 300kw.

You can just hit your cooler with a can of spray paint, just go lighly over the core.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 12y 10m 2d

Heat resistant paint up to I think it was 250 degrees engine enamel is $16 a can at Autobarn. I sprayed my cooler with that stuff.

Edited by Garrettba03

I think the trick with the paint is a thin layer, especially on the core!

I tried to spray the core just ontop and not through the fins as little as I possibly could (you dont wanna coat the fins that radiate the heat as air goes through the core and fins transfer the heat to air) it actually wasnt hard to do either light coats pretty much achieved that.

Was told if its not heat resistant paint, it will more than likely bubble and stuff that I didnt want to do the painting over again.

Edited by Garrettba03

The B series piping can hold lots of boost not sure why you'd bother if you want the stock look.

Agreed, the stock pipes are mainly 2 inch inside. I believe at least 2.5/2.75 is needed to help airspeed and drag for decent power...pretty much gotta change everything no stock look, new front pipe for boost sensor etc etc. Dont see the point

• Member For: 12y 10m 15d

I got a Process West Stage 2 Intercooler in black and black piping, factory look and stealth..

Not sure if any thermal testing has been done on painted and unpainted intercoolers, be interesting.

Who knows.

Ive read heaps of articles saying its negligable loss of efficiency, some said it was not measurable....but alas no proof

Edited by Garrettba03

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 4m

You could use any paint on the cooler and it wont make bugger all difference to heat dissipation or airflow (as long as you dont apply it with a brush).You dont even need heatproof paint if your paintng you engine just normal budget enamel paint.You only need heatproof paint on exhaust manifolds or extractors etc.