Brakes Issue Bf

Laurie

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 6d

Mine has an issue when the brakes get really hot the pedal goes hard and the car shudders like mad and there is very little braking. Only happens at the track, so far I've put his down to a bad ABS sensor but don't know which one. I know its the ABS as I pulled the ABS fuse No.2 under the bonnet and it made the brakes far better on the track (could actually use them).

What I believe is happening is since the ABS sensors work on a magnetic pickup and that then works on a resistance produced signal back to the computer. When the sensor gets the heat from the brakes into it, it then changes the resistance which is causing my very early and annoying activation of the ABS on my vehicle.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 12y 10m 8d

Was it a typo and do you mean TRW pads?

I had exact same problem really noticable coming off freeway off ramps 80/90 kays or so, Motul rbf fluid flush helped...new rear rotors and rear TRW pads fixed the problem.

I think its something else.

The pads do take aages to bed in though and didnt get good bite till over 500km. Now it feels like the rear is biting harder than the front but dunno what I want to do with the fronts yet so havent changed the discs and pads.

Did you change just the front pads/rotors or rears, or both last time?

Edited by Garrettba03