F6 Brake Pads & Rotors

CJF077

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 5m 17d

Well my car is in for its 45,000kms service and was told that I needed to get two new front rotors and brake pads for my F6.

The mechanic told me that i had about 2000kms of wear left in the pads, but suggested that I also get the rotors replaced due to the fact that he said there was light marking on the rotors and that they would need to be replaced anyway down the track (Before 60,000kms service).

What are your thoughts? The quote was close to 2k for pads + rotors. Should I look at something aftermarket? If so what do you recommend?

• Mad Scientist
  • Member For: 19y 3m 28d

DBA 4000 series rotors seem to be a commonly used replacement, and I've heard good things about the QFM brake pads. The Phoon I went in with them pulled up pretty good :beerchug:

• Member For: 13y 9m 13d

I had another post going on the same subject (would insert a link if I had any clue)! I replaced mine at the same distance with the new DBA4000 T3 Club Spec rotors and Race Brake pads (I assume you have standard 4 pots?). The exact cost was on my post but from memory I spent about $650 in total doing them myself, been on a couple of months and have been fantastic. Would recommend this combo to anyone; no noise (so far), minimal brake dust and stops just as well as the original setup.

• Member For: 14y 5m 5d

has anyone fitted the 5000 series on their 4 pots? im thinking of the two piece ones with ferodo ds pads ($1250) all up, or should I just stick with the 4000 series?

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 2d

Try this Race brakes

or this RDA and RED

The red pads give very little dust. The dimpled rotors wont crack like the drilled ones.

I have these DBA 5000 with STD 6 piston brembo pads.

I assume you have 4 piston fronts. The EBC red are easy on the discs. We had PBR performance pads and DBA 4000 and the pads made the discs under size in 20000ks. I have 4 BA BF falcons and have tried most combination's.

Have the discs measured if they arnt under 30mm dont replace them. Light marking is normal.

Edited by arronm