Known Issues Fg Xr6T

Timmy-XR6T

• Member For: 16y 1m 26d

Engine oil leaks,Trans coolers splitting,6spd auto trans leaks,Diff bushes,Rear control arm outer balljoint bushes,Brake shudder,Bluetooth and Ipod connectivity issues,sh*t radio reception,Busted heater flaps,Heater modules,Passenger side mirror ambient temp sensors die and the Milky fog lights as mentioned. Theres still more but that should get you started with things to look out for.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 4m 28d

Mine is a mid 09 build and my fog lamps are milky. Am about to book in for a pre end of warranty check. I will be whining about the lenses and expect them to be changed under warranty. Other issues are crap blue tooth phone syncing. I just replaced the metal dust covers behind the back wheels (non turbo's have them on front as well) as they were covered in surface rust. I reckon they should be covered under warranty, but for $12 each, no real drama.

Can't think of anything else atm.

Update on this post:

Fog lamp lenses, bent glove box lid and loose door rubber all replaced under warranty. They reckon the blue tooth issue is due to a module upgrade needed as at time of build the current one was the latest technology. Due to phone technology moving ahead it needs to be upgraded = $620.00. I declined the offer to upgrade and it seems they've done some kind of reset and the problem has gone anyway. Bluetooth issue has disappeared.

Was pretty happy until I noticed the bent front number plate due to it being reversed into or wedged up against something.....can't prove it so no point whining.

• Member For: 14y 3m 3d

Rear bushes had massive dramas with mine under heavy accelaration would receive a knocking noise in the rear end. Honestly though I wouldnt take it to ford for its final check id go else where I was taking my to a dealer northlakes and strathpine I have never dealt with more incompient mechanics in my life. I would find the problems on my car then have to take it to ford even after they had just serviced it then after fixing the problem eg oil leak they would create another leak which was twice as bad by not double checking there work.

Everytime my car went into them it would come back with twice as many things wrong with it my mother had the same problem with ford mondeo to many things to list so ill just keep it short.

AVOID FORD DEALERS FOR SERVICING THEY MAKE A GOOD CAR BUT ARE TO RETARDED TO BE LET NEAR ONE LITTLE OWN TRYING TO FIX THEM.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 13y 9m 9d

As franchisees of franchisor Ford, each dealership is dependent upon the owner - their management, philosophy, and attitude flows down. Service managers work within an industry with established protocols, but each person is different. I have been told by dealers that product recalls are cost prohivbitive, so denial is a common option. Dealers can wear the cost if Ford won't reimburse, and they are in the business of making money. Still, some people actually care, and take pride in the producst they represent. Others are just in it for the money, and couldn't give a f**k. The world we live in....don't blame the player, blame the game??

The problems with my XR6T keep resurfacing, no matter how many visits to Ford service I make....

Trusting people where money or a profit motive is involved is fundamentally flawed! Find someone you can trust (easier said than done), and stick with them!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Member For: 13y 6m 16d

the player (dealer) chooses to play the game(ford) so have to deal with the customers. Don't want to do warranty work ? don't sell the fricken product !

Same for all of us retailers. We sell it, we warrant it, it's part of the job, end of story.

• Like 4

• FG Falcon fan!
  • Member For: 20y 8m 22d

Well Ive done 70,000km and just had my swaybar linkages replaced as they were beginning to make dull clunks over even just modest bumps. $300 later and the dull clunk has gone. apart from that my June 08 FG is saweeeeeeeeeeeet!

• Like 1