Known Issues Fg Xr6T

Timmy-XR6T

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 25d

+1 on IMS diff hat upgrade.  Wish it was on sale 8 years ago!

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 20d

Ha and there I was trying to save a hundred dollars a couple of months ago.

It was on sale before I did my bushes and also just after.

At least I still have the tool though.

Oh well ya get that. :wedgie:

• 5 months later...
  • Member For: 10y 6m 9d

Hi All,

Car has just gone for its 75km service.....love the car - but certainly had some issues.

Thankfully - I bought mine new in 2013 when VF Late model camira had just hit the sales floor - there were tumbleweeds rolling across the Ford salesroom floor due to the just released VF - so Ford even pitched 5 year warranty at me to get the sale (phew for that).

Main issue I have is showing the service tech the issue happening - can be a pain in the arse when its intermittent problem! I have resorted to video taping stuff with the phone to show them. And number of times I have escalated through Ford Customer Care, I have lost count.

So far I have had everything fixed under warranty - and only because I have been a pain in the arse - taking it back time after time, complaining, wasting their time....they have tried to fob me off,  claim its ok, claim its not a warranty issue......each time I disagree, ask them to 'put that in writing', take notes of all convo's, throw back some of the promises they made with date and time, never give an inch - and I have won out each time......key message here - is Take Notes, be descriptive with problem, time and date convo's, ask for stuff in writing - be the biggest pain in the arse you can be - and it may just get fixed!

• All work done by Byford's North Melbourne.
  • Greg (workshop guy - was a star) - replaced him with a pimply 18year old girl - I kid you not! (Put Greg back on the tools)

• New steering rack (had a light knock / rattle, only noticeable, so I took it in. When they inspected they - they noticed a slight leak as well - they replaced without me even asking, so all good)
  • Cruise control switch - faulty - would power up 'arm' the cruise, but 'set' buttons would not set speed......intermittent....turning car on and off cleared fault....took a few trips for them to find it - in the end I took a video and showed them.
  • 3 years later - cruise control switch again - a common problem?
  • Diff - slightest whine when cruising speed and get of gas - they replaced it without even asking.....workshop manager said - for us to remove it, pull it apart, diagnose it, fix etc - its just cheaper to turf it and put a new one in.
  • Left front window (squealing) - motor replaced
  • Now the right front window (squealing) - motor replaced
  • Cigarette lighter charger thing in the console - replaced
  • Glove box console lid bent - replaced
  • Rear bush's stuffed - replaced
  • Transmission - after 3 years - when trans cold, was hesitating slightly on take off......took it in - they said it was low on oil....I enquired - 'where did oil go - it wasn't leaking?' - they said 'no idea so we topped it up and now operating within spec'. I'm not happy with this response......and its short shifting ever so slightly between 2nd and 3rd on part throttle......took it back 4 times, being an absolute pain in the arse, made them park it on the street this cold Melbourne winter - then took service manager for a drive when cold, and it short shifted....finally he couldn't ignore me.......transmission taken out and sent to Sydney for a $4.5k rebuild by ZF.....its still with them and Im still waiting 2 weeks later!
  • I have now learnt - that the extra 2 years is not Ford Factory Warranty but warranty Ford has taken out on my behalf with Allianz.....so all approvals now go to Allianz. They have been baulking at the transmission rebuild.
  • I called bullsh*t with Ford - said this Allianz topic is not in any of the paperwork that came with the car - in fact my invoice says 'Ford Factory Warranty - 5 Years' and threatened to take them to small claims....they agreed to fix the transmission.
  • It just leaves a sour taste in my mouth having to argue with the dicks ALL the time to get stuff fixed......its draining - I bought new, never modified and always Ford serviced - and this is the way they treat you.
  • Latest - coolant return hose split - refused to replace it as its a wear and tear item supposedly......so I escalate to ford customer care....send to me in writing the 2013 warranty booklet that came with the car.......then show me where it specifically excludes that particular hose....then show me in writing what constitutes wear and tear on a hose versus manufacturer defect...and finally - show me the assessment that was carried out on my particular hose - how did you deem it wear and tear as opposed to defect.......all in writing please......guess what happened - they changed hose free of charge....

Do love the car though - just cant stand Ford Warranty!

Rant done.

Steve

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • Member For: 8y 7m 20d

Hey people

ive got an exchaser 2010 fg turbo

now I’ve derestricted it with high flow cat, pod filter, intercooler pipe upgrade and changed blow off valve to a turbo smart...... now I wanted to pull the heat shielding off so I can put a bag over the exhaust housing which I did.....

with the top two shields off I remember reading about loose bolts so I had a look and WOW

the bolts that holds the exhaust housing the the centre turbo I noticed two had back right out now these ain’t exhaust dump pipe side it’s the bolts that holds the turbo together, plus the manifold to the head those bolts weren’t tight as where the turbo flange bolts weren’t tight I can’t believe it has anyone had this problem!!!!

Rossko

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 8d

100% normal, mate. You can fix it with nordloc washers, gaskets and replacement studs/nuts if you want to get some for both the manifold-to-turbo and head-to-exhaust-manifold connections.

Or it's just a matter of keeping an eye on them and re-tightening them when you get a chance (every service it's recommended to check them).