Known Issues Fg Xr6T

Timmy-XR6T

• Member For: 10y 4m 30d

Yes I have, an R35. Weighs almost the same as a Falcon and costs 3 times as much, probably why it can defy physics ☺

Lol I knew the r35 would come up, its probably the only car that weighs that much that does. Hardly a fair comparison but its stock brakes, suspension and wheel combo is much better than the coons obviosuly. Id say its the wider wheel track and awd that makes it as good as it is though. They are so wide, barley fits in some lanes..

• Sandtrap Motorsport
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 25d

How did you go with understeer after all of this? I followed your build back in the day and was keen to try it but was reluctant to spend money on the car for fear I would sell it out of frustration.

Swaybars settings, good Tyres, and driving technique (this was the major one)

• Member For: 10y 3m 8d

I was also going to mention the R35 lol..

Squeaky drivers seat got "fixed" and became hard AF. Now it's a squeaky passenger seat.

Clutch/exhaust rattle on cold start up on cold days, still no answers to. (Clutch master cyl issue sounds pretty scary ending up with no clutch).

Power Steering pulley/bearing is just a little noisy now. Not sure it's bad enough for Ford to do anything about it.

So far, no other complaints. No overly stoked with the car now it has 40,000km on it but could be worse.

• 3 months later...
  • Banned
  • Member For: 8y 10m 1d

I just looked inside my engine bay and noticed there is oil on the turbo. I'm worried that something is f*cked. If it makes any difference, car just had it's 15k service. Can't confirm whether the oil was present in the time I got the car back or if it was there for a while. Assuming the latter, you'd think they would have noticed it when they had the car??

post-84154-0-55706400-1452512500_thumb.j

Edited by kokentoe

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 29d

It is normal, that clamp is probably a little loose

Or the crappy standard Fg piping that is plastic

Has gone extra hard there from the heat and won't seal completely

Tighten or replace the clamp

Or buy a piping kit

• Banned
  • Member For: 8y 10m 1d

Haha my bad. Was meant to say "before" shutting it down. But now I'm worried that might be what's caused the problem as that was only mentioned to me recently. I guess I'll keep an eye on it and if the oil comes back I'll get Ford to look at it.

• Like 1