Known Issues Fg Xr6T

Timmy-XR6T

• Inactive Members
  • Member For: 10y 1m 16d

Our 2009 FG XR6 Turbo Ute would not start...came up with some message which I didn't have time to memorise, changed battery (but there was a distinct "burning" smell in cab.) Had to get towed to nearest Ford dealer...Long weekend holiday so will be waiting till next week to see what the outcome is! Has anyone experienced a fault similar to this and if so what was the outcome? This car is not "thrashed" like some, infact it is very pampered!! (perhaps that is the problem)

• Member For: 10y 10m 16d

Hey guys, wasn't sure where to ask this but has anyone had an issue after driving though a car wash? Sounds silly but I had my 2012 FG tuned for the first time last week. Now running 380HP!!!! And yes smilin from ear to ear anyway, I drove through the car was yesterday and now the check engine light is on. Was not able to fit the stone deflector up as the radiator has been moved back an inch and the intercooler is much much bigger. Not sure if this is tuned related or water somewhere it shouldn't be? The car is driving perfectly for now... I have called my local Super Cheap store to see if they have a diagnostic checker but they do not. I was obviously hoping the water would dry out and the light would turn off but not the case this morning. Before I take it back to my tuner I was hoping if I through it out someone might have a better idea than me?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers guys.

Chris.

• Member For: 10y 10m 16d

Thanks for the advise, my tuner sust it this morning. Apparently it was non car wash related just coincidental... One of the sensor parameters had not been increased from factory setting and was causing CPU to think there was an issue. 20 minute fix...

Thanks guys.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • Inactive Members
  • Member For: 17y 6m 3d

My 2012 XR6T is the recipient of a brand new turbo under warranty today at 21,080km's. Apparently the second one the dealer has seen where bearing play on the turbine shaft has resulted in significant turbine whine. 2 months until warranty period ends.

Edited by RSSierra

• 5 months later...
  • Member For: 9y 4m 12d

Took my ex-pol in for investigation of two things;

1) clunk after taking foot off accelerator (typically after accelerating hard)

2) whine at >85km/h, only under load (accelerating)

The answers I got where;

1) Normal for all falcons

2) tyres slightly feathered

/rolleyes

and ideas?

more info: I had read this thread prior to taking it in. I specifically asked them to take a look at diff bushes and they said they were 'like new, someone had replaced them".

Edited by Martyr

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 23d

^^^^ If the car is still under warranty, get someone to have a look at the diff bushes.

you can even have a look at them as well from under the car.

I had a whine in my diff and I kept telling seaview ford about it. they said it was normal.

One day I got the service manager in the car and went for a drive and showed him.

I then told him that I was getting the car modded and if it got worse, I would get them to replace it under warranty, regardless if it was modded.

Car was booked in for replacement diff in 3 weeks after that.

Don't cave in, give them a hard time!!

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 11m 19d

Hey guys

ive heard our belts like to start to fail around my kms (15xxxx)

I think mine is on its way out as it screams at me if it gets any moisture on it

Anyone recommend what belt to replace it with or is genuine from ford the go?