Known Issues Fg Xr6T

Timmy-XR6T

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 7m 28d

They'd encourage you to extend your warranty because it isn't handled by them.. It's another insurance company..

Just money in the bank to them cause some of those 'extended warranties' are just money paid out you'll never see back

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 11y 3m 28d

Hi,

Looks like a lot of people having the problems was having until now after just going back and back until they here'd what I was hearing and feeling.

If anyone has some info. I might need please feel free to as I'm get a little confused with it all.

I dropped my FG XR6T 2012 30k km of at ford service to have them look into some clunk creeks and vibration I've notice, they have had it for 3 days and Im picking it up today. So far they have told me that they have done a wheel alignment, check and tighten the handbrake and machined the disk but I'll have to go back in 1.5 to 2 weeks as they have ordered in from Melbourne and new tailsharft and diff bushes.

All under warranty as I paid for the hand break and alignment last time I dropped the car of.

So what do I need to know when I pick up the car today. And is there something I sould get them to check or do when I take it back to get the tailsharft and bushes done?

Also so can someone tell me how many diff bushes there are?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 13y 1m 20d

Hey guys,

My 2010 50th Anniversary has just clocked up 80,000km in 3 years (I've had it since new) and I haven't really had any problems with it (touch wood) except for a fairly loud clunk when you have been hard on the throttle and suddenly back off. It sounds like an engine mount to me but they are both intact (albeit those spongy fluid filled jobs) Has anyone else experienced this or have any ideas?

Thanks

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 15d

Yep, I'd check your diff bushes mate. The standard ones from Ford are rubbish and fail regularly. Is your car an auto or manual?

• Member For: 10y 4m 15d

what sort of job is it to change the diff bush? mine is clunking and really annoying, will it do any damage if left for long periods of time? unsure of how long it has been clunking from

• Too heavy needs boost
  • Member For: 10y 7m 23d

the centre bush was stuffed and 4 others. it was a pretty big job if you Have limited lifts, tools, etc.

so much cheaper doing it your self. all I have to say is mark lines up on everything so when it's done you can put everything back exactly where it was before. not a couple mil out.

good luck and have fun.

nice knucklespost-70785-1387260614_thumb.jpg pic

post-70785-138726023463_thumb.jpg

post-70785-138726025098_thumb.jpg

post-70785-138726027849_thumb.jpg

post-70785-138726030185_thumb.jpg