Known Issues Fg Xr6T

Timmy-XR6T

• Member For: 12y 1m 22d

End of the day every manufacturer, and model of car has a particular bug and issue. The fords have their fair share if little annoying things. your nothing to deter you! The turbo is a mighty car and there are more good things than bad. Get one you won't regret it

• 2 weeks later...
  • Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 10m 18d

I had the 'water rush' sound coming from the passenger side area when I'd take off from lights etc after iding for a bit. It would then do a big-ish water dump (for air con). Followed the advice on here and turned the heater to max with windows down and drove around for a bit. Air con then back to 22 deg - now fixed :)

Edited by Bomber

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 11y 5m 22d

Have found with fuel gauge if you fill it up after only using a quarter of a tank or less the gauge does nor show full. It will reset itself once the tank is run down though. I only have a N/A XR6 but I'm guessing the Turbos could do it as well?

• Member For: 12y 3m 16d

Buy an XM........... the list above is scary. The 144 and 3 speed manual is a hoot!!!!!! But hey, you can upgrade to the super pursuit 200 !!!!

• Inactive Members
  • Member For: 12y 20d

Sorry to be a pain but can anyone direct me to a thread about the zf 6 speed auto. More specifically what to do to sstrengthen it. I just joined and I cant find anything about it. I have a 09 fg turbo and I want to push for about 375rwkw. Amassing all the required bits, but before I do anything I want to beef up the drive train. Custom tailshaft, diff bushes, trans cooler, high pressure lines and valves an input shaft ans a tune for the box. But dont know sh*t about the zf. People keep telling me that if you try tune them they go to sh*t. Anyhelp is much appreciated!!! Thanks

• Member For: 12y 3m 16d

Fair bit on this on the forum in the driveline area. PLUS - Have a look through the build threads for the 400RWKW and up cars. Some of the members went a long way with these transmissions and a bit of research will help you. I know that monstatorque in wa have worked with the ZF and maybe a phone call there as a start. Naturally, there are other shops to talk with.

However - before you run head on into this perhaps selecting your tuner/workshop is first. They will have preferences and some views on how to best get to 500 HP at the tyres. No matter where you live in the land of OZ, it seems to me we have great choices for workshops ( plus pretenders..... hell, nuthin is perfect). And - this forum has some great build threads to help as well.

• Member For: 11y 3m 19d

Has anyone had a problem with the plastic part attached to the bottom right hand side of the drivers set come loose? This is the plastic piece where the seat adjust knob and the electric seat button is located.

I exited my car and it came loose. Can it be fixed under ford factory warranty??

2011 fg luxry pack

http://s16.postimage.org/5recgwtt1/IMG_1724.jpg

IMG_1724.jpg

Edited by pantha189