Known Issues Fg Xr6T

Timmy-XR6T

• Member For: 11y 3m 5d

On a different note, got my xr6t ute back from the shop today, seems like one or both of my cam sensors have bit the dust, "over-retarding" on bank 1 and bank 2, seems like im up for 2 new sensors, not sure of the price of these but easy to change out myself, then need to relearn cam position and delete codes n she should be sweet :D

• Member For: 12y 8d

I've got some issues with my manual FG mk11 turbo only done ~9,200k and its embarrassing mentioning it around friends!

1. front passenger door trim keeps unclipping (maybe when they did the tinted windows for me?)

2. gear shifter rattles at high rpm!!! (most annoying!)

3. I found tiny oil leaking from around the harmonic balancer on the sump!! (most angry about!)

4. under heavy breaking (not necessary I know) there is now creaking coming from the front end! (it never did it when I first tested the brakes when I bought it but now it does? also I am NOT a heavy breaker at all)

5. the silver/chrome XR badge on the back has a bubble in it!!!!

6. drivers door when winding the window up squeaks/clicks! can hear something moving around when windows up.

Just typing this has actually revved me up a tad. what do I do? go in now? can you just show up and they will look at it? or wait for my 15,000 km service and say what's up?

I also experience with TC off, a TON of axel tramp as soon as there is any form of wheel spin (the first time I spun the wheels was a light test at around 2000 km and it was wet...and it was after the motor was "ran in"

Guys any advice?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 8m 21d

^^^^Your oil leak near the harmonic balancer is probably the timing cover leaking.

It is a known issue Fraud fixes under warranty.

Edited by GeGe6

• Member For: 11y 8m 9d

I have a 2010 auto fg turbo and sometimes when braking I hear and feel a clunky/ rusty feel at the rear, its mostly when im not driving fast like when im gonna park or slowing down for speed pumps, but it doesnt always happen, my mates old man recons it could be traction control doing it but im not sure what it is

• Member For: 11y 4m 3d

whats with the (presumably) air-con leaking on my feet though?

haven't heard of that one before...

or the coolant for that matter (it was after a cool, night time drive down the freeway too, so no stress on the car)

• Member For: 12y 1m 21d

I've got a mk11 fg turbo now with 16,000km. It has a slightly rough idle but only sometimes. Revs don't drop or anything it's just annoying. My front passenger door trim is loose, the same window makes a quite ticking sound when winding down. Other than those things I'm pretty happy with it. My question is though, can you still claim warranty if you don't service the car through ford?