Known Issues Fg Xr6T

Timmy-XR6T

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 7m 28d

Yeah that's really odd.. Cause to get rid of the light they have to clear the codes.. Unless Bionic turns up and sheds more light on this..

My experience with ford was they always told me the code and what it meant.. Then admitted they have no idea why it was throwing the code.

• Member For: 11y 5m 20d
only took it to ford because I can't do the code check myself because I dont have the gear. I wont make that mistake again, $200 for nothin' cheers Ford

$20 if you have an android phone. $5 for the torque app and $15 for an ELM327 bluetooth OBD2 interface

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 27d
Got 28,000klm on my 6/12 xr6t ute only issue is a bad diff whine between

104-115kph, just got to find sum time to take it in for warranty .

I got the exact same problem, but mine is when I am driving at 73-78km/h. I get this humming or whine sound coming from the back.

I have taken the car to 2 different ford dealers and every time it is the same thing. the tires are the problem.

BS is all I have to say. I think it may be the diff, but it is only there when you turn on cruise control at those speeds.

One of the dealers said it is the drivetrain. it just seems to be getting worse and worse. I have a manual.

this probably isnt really an issue but do the auto fg's get axel tramp when u floor it? or is it only manuals with this problem?

If you have the TC on and flooor it and the wheels spin, the TC will brake and stop the spining, you then get the tramp.

Try it with the TC off and see if you still have the issue.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 11m 12d

The diff whine seems like a common problem. Mine is really bad coming back from 100 down to 90 and that's on diff number 3 with 4500 kms on the clock. Now they want the ute to take out the diff and send it to Adelaide to be repaired so hopefully its not off the road for more than a week.

• Member For: 11y 3m 6d

Just called my mechanic, car was in for rough idle/hunting at idle. He said when they put it on their scan tool there was about 20 codes to do with throttle body, cam timing and MAP/boost sensor issues, He also said there is a sensor or group of sensors that has like coolant temp, MAP and boost sensing all in the one sensor. Any of the guys with good knowledge of the FG xr6t able to shed any light on this and if anyone else has had similar problems..?

• Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 10m 18d

Have noticed lately that when I take off from lights etc I hear a short water rush sound coming from under the glove box area. It sounds like something is emptying from the air con. Have checked the overflow to make sute it's clear and that seems ok. No water is entering the car or anything. Any ideas?

• Member For: 11y 3m 6d

Air in your heater lines than run behind your glove box for the cabin heater, garuntee if you take it to ford they will tell you there is nothing they can do, which is pretty much right. Put a/c to heat and drive round for a bit, then park it till the engine cools, check coolant level is correct, that's about all you can do