Known Issues Fg Xr6T

Timmy-XR6T

• Member For: 14y 11m 8d

Update on this post:

Fog lamp lenses, bent glove box lid and loose door rubber all replaced under warranty. They reckon the blue tooth issue is due to a module upgrade needed as at time of build the current one was the latest technology. Due to phone technology moving ahead it needs to be upgraded = $620.00. I declined the offer to upgrade and it seems they've done some kind of reset and the problem has gone anyway. Bluetooth issue has disappeared.

Was pretty happy until I noticed the bent front number plate due to it being reversed into or wedged up against something.....can't prove it so no point whining.

Do as I do mate, take picture before you go in for service also picture your odometer(with the time/day stamp on) that way there is no argument lost and saves you headaches;)

• Member For: 11y 3m 25d

wow looks like a few issues out there I am yet to buy one, but this makes me nervous...... hope there are some stories of people who have had no issues????? also does anyone do an aftermarket rear diff bushing????? wouldn't that be best to go to if you have failure and leakage???????

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 10m 13d

hope there are some stories of people who have had no issues?????

no issues with mine other than a few rattles here and there.

you generally wont hear of the good stories on the internet, only read about the problems.

its not all doom and gloom mate.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 7m 2d

owned my ute for over a year with 12000km's and I cant complain about anything

only issue I had was removing the tub and finding a bit of rust on one of the bolts that ford said was my problem cause they didnt suplly the new tray...which begs to ask if I didnt remove it was the rust going to get worse......

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 11y 3m 5d

Took mine to Ford in Bundaberg, engine light on, rough idle. I pointed out that it ONLY ran rough at idle, as soon as you accelerated, the car ran fine, I was thinking it would be a throttle position sensor or MAP sensor, something along those lines. After 6 hours I went back to pick it up and they tell me they didn't find anything wrong with it and to bring it back, I laughed, payed the $200 and walked out, aint goin back there again

• Member For: 11y 3m 5d

Exactly right, there would have been a code to go with it, but they insisted they found nothing. I'm a mechanic myself, only took it to ford because I can't do the code check myself because I dont have the gear. I wont make that mistake again, $200 for nothin' cheers Ford