Stock-300Rwkw-450...differences?

inowereulive

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

Even with 300rwkw you better be prepared to pay for good tyres. Especially if you have 19 inch rims on the thing! I'd think $300 a tyre as a starting point if you want to put down all the power all the time in the dry. With 400rwkw... probably think $400+ per tyre? They would be low life sticky ones as well, so probably 10-15 thousand km life? Others with 400+ range power might be able to comment more accurately. All I know is that even on my car, from standstill the top of first is a write off and second is as well if you keep the boot in, on 17" KU31's ($175ea fitted/balanced the cheapest I've seen). Fun in a way but not practical. Gotta learn the feeling of it breaking away on you so you can reign it in. In the wet it's just satanic, forget about it! Driving miss daisy.

Edited by -SteveR-

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 10m 23d

Even with 300rwkw you better be prepared to pay for good tyres. Especially if you have 19 inch rims on the thing! I'd think $300 a tyre as a starting point if you want to put down all the power all the time in the dry. With 400rwkw... probably think $400+ per tyre?

So true, When it comes to tires you can't skimp on the quality. My last set cost me $2700 for four and I have just shy of 360kw, You can plant it and it just hooks up and goes.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

What are a set of R888's worth in say 265 wide 19 inch? Those seem to be one of the best rated tyres that are street legal.

Quick Google says "235/45/17 for $240 each (RRP $300)" and $539.99 canadian dollars for 265/30/19.

So there's 2 grand to shod all 4 corners in top 19" rubber, which will last possibly 5000km if driven hard. Or a grand in my stock 17 inch size and I'd wear em out in 10 weeks of daily driving! :surrenderwave:

And then you have to consider this:

I have experience of both AO48 and R888 tyres, both are very much track/race biased. ( road legal slick compound tyres need to be up to temperature before they offer anyware near best grip)During the winter it would take insane levels of hooning on the public highway to achieve this, the rest of the time you are sliding and slithering all over the place, total waste of time and rubber.In my opinion winter=goodyear F1s or similer trackdays/summer hooning=AO48s 1st R888's cheaper but 2nd

http://www.mmsport.com.au/products/15/Proxes-R888 say $3115.20 for the 265/30/19 R888's - fark.

Edited by -SteveR-

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 4m 14d

So true, When it comes to tires you can't skimp on the quality. My last set cost me $2700 for four and I have just shy of 360kw, You can plant it and it just hooks up and goes.

Seriously whats with this new generation and their spelling?...Tire is north American spelling, here its spelt Tyre.

Sorry just something I keep noticing with younger people today is that none of them can spell.

ok back to topic...

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 30d

We have predictive text and spell check, we don't need to know how to spell.