High Country Cruise 2011

Adam

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 7m 28d

Let's make it 6/6:30 at truck stop on eastlink heading nth between Wellington rd and ferntreegully rd.

That will give us 1/1.5 hrs to get to wallan by 8

S.East meeting point aprox 78km away from wallan and will take aprox 70 mins if we go up Burke rd

Any one got any other thoughts on this or know a better way???

Edited by Dagabond

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 8m 13d

Yep. This coming Sunday.

I have a Uniden UH720SX-NB. Very happy with it.

Thanks Adam, I have an oldish Uniden handheld I've had for a few years and I swear by them but its only 6km range.

Uniden UH078SX-NB 77 CH Waterproof Handheld CB UHF 5W, just bought this one fingers crossed its here before the end of the week.

Yeh Nick me and tonez are going to meet up I live in narre, which way you going and what time ( tonez in rowville) I was thinking around 6am heading up,I done a bit of work in wallan few years back and always found the monash across to tullamarine then on to western ring to Hume was the best way but that was week days and before eastlink let's us know what your thoughts are on a meeting point and route to get to wallan

I might join you guys. Finish work in Scoresby @6am

Nick mate, Adam is right, the Unidens a good unit. It depends if you just want it for cruises or for open highway work. Don't get anything less than 1 watt as it wont transmit very far. Youc an get them off ebay cheap enough but ya may be pushing it to get one before next Sunday.

Today was a cracker of a day. Drove back from Anakie in a Captiva puling half a tonne of wood in a trailer. The thing hasno overtaking power at the best of times but with a trailer? I missed my T.

Captain I think rudiger is from werribee way

Any one think eastlink truck stop think its near the new servos getting built as a meet point then head up to Burke rd to greensborough and get on metro ring rd??

right next to my work! Eastlink works well for me. What time?

Let's make it 6/6:30 at truck stop on eastlink heading nth between Wellington rd and ferntreegully rd.

S.East meeting point aprox 78km away from wallan and will take aprox 70 mins if we go up Burke rd

Any one got any other thoughts on this or know a better way???

I'm in Vermont South Knox, Eastlink is 2 seconds away from me where ever you guys wanna meet up meet you guys there for sure as its close to Scoresby close to Wellington Rd truck stop Im easy.

Lets make a time a place so anyone else from South Eastern who wants to meet and cruise up together, like I said I'm easy people.

I think this is a great idea.

South East Meet for Cruise to Wallan 6:00am-6:15am for 6:30 take off

1. Ant k

2. nick d

• Resident idiot.
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 8d

I'll be waiting a little further up as I'll jump on at ftg road,

Edited by dre

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 2d
  • Member For: 14y 3m 15d

Yeh Nick me and tonez are going to meet up I live in narre, which way you going and what time ( tonez in rowville) I was thinking around 6am heading up,I done a bit of work in wallan few years back and always found the monash across to tullamarine then on to western ring to Hume was the best way but that was week days and before eastlink let's us know what your thoughts are on a meeting point and route to get to wallan

Ant I go this way all the time and it's for sure the best route ,at this time of the day it's a no brainer, only change is the craigieburn.by pass just past the Hume will get us to wallan in plenty of time to get a sausage roll at the bakery .

Let me know roughly what time I will wait at Blackburn rd on ramp on channel 26 . Eg 6.15?

Thanks captain

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-37.888751,145.149324