Abs , Brake , Traction Lights + No Speedo?

07ToxicF6

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 25d

Put a Super Start dry cell in, very happy as there's no more cutting out.

Was interesting to see that once I installed the new battery the settings I had on my eboost were causing it boost higher then before. I had to lower the gate pressure from 50 to 40 to take it back down to 12lb

And my 16lb setting was at 75, now ive had to lower it to 65 to achieve 16lb.

Not sure why? Possibly reading a different amperage/voltage?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Member For: 13y 9m 14d

I put up with this issue for 3 years. As I rarely drive the car I just avoided boosting too much and then when it occurred it just reminded me to "look into the issue" which was promptly put on the back burner until the next time I drove it. Initially I thought I have fixed it with the purchase of a new battery as the old one was stuffed due to the car sitting for so long. Problem was gone for a month or so and then came back. I noticed the problem right after I have the car tuned with new injectors and also after I relocated the battery. Thought it might have been something not right after the mods, maybe a bad earth or loose plug etc? Rechecked every thing and it all looked good. The problem progressively got worse over the years to the point when even with slight boost (8 or so PSI) and accelerating under load like up a hill or with passengers - it would hit hard.

Today I changed the coils for new genuine ford ones and also fitted new plugs. Took it out for a test drive and put my foot to the floor - no issues, just kept pulling like it used to right after the tune.

I doubt it was the plugs as the "old" ones were new right before the tune, so I conclude the problem was coils.

Edited by maccanz
  • Like 2

• 3 years later...
  • Member For: 7y 6m 1d

I have an SY territory turbo running a capa 10 psi tune with exactly the same problem hard acceleration and a series of fault lights I including abs then the speedo drops off line and no cruise control  I have tried to get a fault code from the ff2 no joy restart the car and fault clears. I did find one of the ans connectors not properly installed my fault but still no joy

I'll throw it up on the hoist today and check the continuaty of each abs sensor. Any one else come up with an idea on this one