Abs , Brake , Traction Lights + No Speedo?

07ToxicF6

• Member For: 12y 8m 21d

Hello all,

My first day here on the forums & my first post so please be easy on me :)

I have an issue with my 07 BF MK1 Typhoon, it's done 78-000kms. Flash Tuned 60ilbs injectors valve springs, retainers 12ilbs Actuator...

The problem is that when I go to overtake thus putting the engine under load my car will sound as if it's in Traction Controll Mode(whop bop bop bop sound), the TC Light will Illuminate along with ABS and the (!) symbol, Which manual describes it as a brake fault light..for a few second however disappears, shortly after the speedo will drop to zero reguardless of vehicle going 80km/h for example. Turning the vehicle off and restarting will reset whatever happend and speedo will function as normal untill I repeat heavy load...

Ive looked and looked however I cannot find anyone else with this particular problem? if there is im sorry..If anyone could shed some light on this issue you would make one very stressed indvidual sleep easier tonight.. thanks :)

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 18d

Hi mate take it to a workshop who has 1 of those snap on tool's ECU scanner's, that will reveal the problem's your having, it will say what's the cause on the scanner...

I think that's what ill have to do ey...hopfully the fellas at ferntreengully salvage can point us to a mechanic who wont steal my wallet lol adam there rekons it might be a earth issue hmmmmm who knows, ill look into it this thursdy coz its showing no issue now driving normaly :/ weiiird weeiird weird...thanks for your advice :) anyone expirience the same as me though?

• GONE FULL WIZARD
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 3m 17d

Dead battery mate, had this exact problem with my BF Typhoon, put my mates scan tool on it thinking everything was cactus and voila showed up the battery was farked, that along with every other freakin sensor in the car showing up a fault at the time something like 150 faults came up :roflmbo:

that's what I thought bro but I just changed the batt to a new one today just incase, still does it :/ only under high load though..

• Member For: 16y 6d

OMG haha this is EXACTLY the same problem that my car is having, right down to the T, the same lights and the speedo dying.

Have a read of my thread: when you get bored. It has a few peoples ideas on what might be causing it.

My car goes to Elite Auto Aug 15th so hopefully I will know the problem, and if I do I will PM you with the result. If you get a result please please please PM me, mine is driving me insane - mine does it now under even just a little bit of boost.

• Like 1

Moose fingures crossed mate, from my investigations the possible faults some mechanics think are..

- ABS module Fault (silver block next to ecu with all the pipes)

- Ford did a diagnostic and found no errors beside speedo fault...

- ABS Sensors at the wheels (Which thankfully are only $30 buks each second hand) <<<<<This could be it because of the speedo fail and that the abs, speed etc.. are all in the same sensor (correct me if I'm wrong)

-the CLuster could also be dodgy too

-Earthing/Wiring issue...

When drinving the ABS (!) and Traction show for few seconds after flooring resulting in no speedo untill I restart... so it must be sumwhere with that equipment I assume....

I hope the fellas at the place your going can sort it out mate, because atm im so F.ing broke ive been going off free advice...I have yet to decide what to replace, im thinking all the sensors are cheap enough to start off with....Good Luck!

Edited by 07ToxicF6

I Don't know if this really means anything but I removed the ABS fuse from the Instrement Fuse Box inside cabin, the exact same lights along with the "D"(auto trans) flashing...still did the same noise and loss of power when accelerating heavy at mid range...again with speedo dropping out...does this mean its my ABS module? I hope theres someone out there who can help me and Moose out... :( Moose Ferntree Gully Salvage sell the module for $350 second hand...almost a quater of what ford want lol im starting to think its that that's causing us the head aches...

EDIT- out of curiosity I was searching other brand car forums with abs related issues, all seem to sound like our symptoms of a BAD ABS MODULE these things are a HEADACHE!!!!!!!! I really starting to think that's what it is...

Edited by 07ToxicF6

• Member For: 16y 6d

Does sound like it could be something to do with that ABS sensor, I might have to check mine out, wonder if I can swap the module with another car and test it? Might look into that.

I've given up on mine lol I spent $400 to earth the car/battery properly and that didnt fix it, so I doubt yours will be an earth issue either. I'll know more on the 15th/16th so I'll come back and update then, if one of us doesn't fix it before then!