Disable Passenger Seat Belt Sensor

XR6MUM

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 9m 11d

As the title says... Is there a way to disable the seat belt sensor in an FG, the sensor goes off even with my small hand bag on there and when I take it off it doesn't stop!

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 26d

I want to disable the drivers!!!! fkn thing.

but yer bloody annoying because they dont stop beeping.

yet I dont seem to have a passengers seat belt warning, is this a higher spec thing?

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 26d

I assume it's there if you've got the full quota of airbags (which are standard in the G6ET but optional in everything else)

But no I don't think there is any way of disabling just the passenger side - you can disable the warning all together (for both) though, not sure what impact if any that has on airbag deployment. I got too scared an re-enabled mine after a while for that reason as I couldn't get a definitive answer.

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 25d

I doubt you could 'turn the airbags off' but yeah would love to get rid of the sensors.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 26d

Airbags supposedly deploy differently if you're not wearing a seat belt...so the point I was trying to make is it may assume you aren't wearing a seatbelt at all times.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 9m 11d

I have the FG XR6T so I don't think it would be different just because you have a ute. But hey, I'm just a girl so cars isn't really my think.

I don't mind the drivers one, just the passenger one drives me insane, with the kids in the car I always dump a baby bag or hand bag on the seat and it beeps like mad. If it's just me in the car I usually have the music loud enough to cover the beep.

It's in at ford today and I've asked them to look at that, the ICC and a clunk when braking. The last few times I've put something on the seat and moved it off the beeping hasn't stopped. The ICC changes. I'll stop the car listening to track 4 CD 2 and A/C on 25 (it's cold in the morning). Get back in after a daycare drop and it's track 10 CD 5 A/C 21! WTH!

Fiance said it needs a reflash??? Maybe that will fix the seats too.