No Cat

southside

• Member For: 17y 10m 16d

With no cat 350+rwkw is possible with the standard exhaust. I dont see how people are shooting flames without them if the car is properly tuned?

I do remember following a wrx one night and he had flames coming out on every gear change just cruising.

• Like 1

• A much better forum
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 28d

I had 350 on a stock exhaust with a 3.5 inch xforce cat welded in (200cell)

• Member For: 17y 10m 16d

Not on a FG though??

Forgot they went backwards in the FG :whistle: Throw a B series turbo on it and you will get there.

With the quality of cats out there , there is no excuse not to run them.

Sure there is, all cats restrict the exhaust somewhat so you are losing power. Mine doesnt shoot flames or stink or sound much different to a 100cell cat. But it does make more power on less boost.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 16d

There probably still restricting power even with twin 100cell cats as they are 4in and next to each other so gas flow is separated etc, not to mention what is the quality of the cat converter to.

Aren't 100cell cats illegal as I'd think even though they say or state they are does anyone have written proof that they aren't illegal in Australia and can pass emmissions or whatever is required for them?

Who would want to spend $600-$1000 or more on twin cats when a single piece of pipe does a better job for nicks...

My opinion.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 6d

Who would want to spend $600-$1000 or more on twin cats when a single piece of pipe does a better job for nicks...

My opinion.

Way I'm thinking.. Would rather pay for another tune with money saved.

• Member For: 15y 10m 1d

I dont see how people are shooting flames without them if the car is properly tuned?

I do remember following a wrx one night and he had flames coming out on every gear change just cruising.\

Most jap cars using a AFM will shot flames on gear change with a Atmo BOV installed, my old r34 did this untill a aftermarket ecu and retune was done.

I pulled my cat off one day to check if its collasped, it wasn't, but since I came that far I punched it out. other then smell, can't tell difference, as in power increase im having other problems atm to know.